RN - Pain
- Expired: May 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you tired of working PMs/night shifts, weekends, and holidays? Come work for an organization where you work day shifts. You will be more than just a number. In fact you will be a valued team member treated with respect and recognized for your contributions. Our day shifts are typically 8:00AM-5:00PM. Join our team, it's a great place to be.
Position Description: Coordinate and maintain accurate and efficient clinic and OR schedules for the Surgeon and patient. Schedule surgical cases and provide patient education. Perform routine clinical and procedural tasks to keep the clinics running smoothly. This is a full-time position, five days per week. Locations include Wausau/Merrill with occasional travel to Plover.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Efficiently manages the schedule / flow of the day by anticipating the needs of the patient and provider. (Service)
2. Prepares for clinic by stocking exam rooms and cast room with necessary supplies.(Financial)
3. Coordinates the MD schedules to best meet the patient's needs. (Service)
4. Work with Registration/Appointing staff to facilitate appropriate appointment scheduling for pain management patients. (People)
5. Prepares for clinic by reviewing schedule, progress notes, telephone encounters, test results and chart preparation. (Quality)
6. Assists patient with completion of Controlled Substances Agreement, SOAPP and completes process for obtaining urine drug screen. (Quality)
7. Prepares for and completes Clinic Staff only/Nurse Only visits for medication management and obtaining urine drug screen (Quality)
8. Monitors patient for need for updated urine drug screen, alerts physician to "non-compliant" urine drug screen results (Quality)
9. Monitors patient use of narcotics and alerts physician to any aberrant behavior, escalation in use or misuse of medication (Quality)
10. Maintains an accurate and complete electronic medical record on each patient including all Meaningful Use measures. (Quality)
11. Completes all meaningful use percentile requirements monitored and reported monthly by IT (Quality)
12. Escorts patients to exam room using AIDET tool; every patient every time. (People)
13. Interviews the patient to obtain an accurate and thorough medical history, assists patients in completing Pain History form, takes and records vital signs, enters information into the EMR, and verifies information. (Quality)
14. Explains treatment procedures to patient and prepare patients for examination.(Service)
15. Performs Room and Round every 10 minutes until patient is evaluated by provider, every patient every time.(People)
16. Accurately schedules tests, procedures, rechecks, post op appointments and referrals to other facilities and tracks results.(Quality)
17. Accurately documents NCV/EMG findings as given by physician (Quality)
18. Schedules procedures and coordinate all aspects of the case. (Service)
19. Accurate and timely communication to other departments; VOB, Radiology, Surgery Supervisor (Service)
20. Communicates any clinic delays to Registration Staff to proactively manage patient wait times.(Service)
21. Conducts Patient Education; medication education pre-injection teaching for each patient receiving a procedure (Quality)
22. Calls instrumentation representatives and orders equipment for surgical cases (Spinal Cord Implant). (Quality)
23. Maintains provider's injection schedule in the computer.(Service)
24. Cleans/straightens exam rooms between patients; disposes contaminated supplies in accordance with OSHA standards.(Quality)
25. Assists other providers and peers when needed.(Service)
26. May fill in for other medical staff, covering vacations, etc. on an as-needed basis.(Service)
27. Maintains written patient education materials; periodic reviews patient education handouts for accuracy and validity. (Quality)
28. Periodically reviews Standing Orders for accuracy and validity (Quality)
29. Present during examination of patient, accurately documenting finding in EMR as given by physician (Service)
30. Takes telephone description from patient on their response to injections, documents accurately in EMR and reports findings to physician (Quality)
31. Triages patient phone calls and takes appropriate action and documents all calls in the EMR. Utilizes Standing orders if applicable. Follows/Documents Triage Protocols consistently. (Quality)
32. Attends 90% weekly huddles, 80% monthly clinical staff meetings, and all training sessions.(Quality)
33. Active member in National Pain Management Nurses Association (Quality)
34. Manages work load and schedule by utilizing electronic tools such as Outlook, Task list, Excel (Financial)
35. Assists physician/patients in Suboxone Detoxification Process (People)
36. Establish, implement and update policies and procedures for the Bone and Joint Clinic Spine Center/Pain Management (Quality)
•Associate Degree, Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in nursing is required
•Work experience in a clinic setting is preferred
•Current license or eligibility to become licensed to practice as a RN in the State of Wisconsin is required
Desirable Qualifications: Neat and well groomed and have a courteous, pleasant manner; Strong organizational skills along with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment; Ability to put patients at ease and explain physician's instructions; Respect the confidential nature of medical information. Ability to problem solve and implement change with a positive attitude.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also frequently required to stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Bone and Joint Center, S.C.
Get fresh Pain Clinic Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.