Local, well-established public accounting firm is seeking a motivated and experienced professional accountant with excellent analytical, communication, organizational and time management skills. Applicant should be detail-oriented and capable of preparing financial statements and tax returns, as well as reconciling general ledger accounts. Knowledge of payroll and payroll processing required. A working knowledge of Quickbooks, Accounting CS and Ultra Tax is a plus.
Our company emphasizes a dynamic team atmosphere, and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, the opportunity to work on a wide variety of reporting engagements, and the tools needed for accelerated professional advancement and growth.
• Prepare tax returns and financial statements for complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
• Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
• Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
• Perform compilation, review and audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, supervising and completing tax projects.
• Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to develop working relationships with clients and associates
• Strong research skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Effective business management skills
• Good understanding of business technology
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
• Competitive salary
• Health and dental insurance
• Flexible scheduling May through November
• Four day work weeks during summer months
• Retirement savings (401k)
• Continuing education and professional membership reimbursement
• Paid time off
• Opportunity for advancement for right individual
Job Type: Full-time
- Jackson, MI 49201
- Accounting: 3 years