The Liaison Nurse functions as a self-directed, independent worker in the coordination of the continuum of care. Facilitates the maximum health and social status for patients while maintaining a position of system advocacy.
A limited number of Bon Secours positions are subject to a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) check. Given the responsibilities of this role in the organization, this position is subject to a DMV check at time of application submission in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Results will be considered as part of the selection process. If you do not want to be subject to a DMV check, we encourage you to apply for other openings with Bon Secours.
1. Graduate from a school of Nursing. Is currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse with the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
2. Evaluates and coordinates incoming referral information from a variety of referral sources.
3. Identifies clients who may need various types of Home Health services after their discharge from an acute care setting.
4. Assists with the orientation of liaison staff and provides instruction to hospital staff, physicians and the public about the philosophy of Home Health/Hospice and the referral process.
5. Functions as a member of the home care team to provide excellent client care and to build and improve the home care programs.
6. Evaluates insurance coverage and obtains insurance case manager approval as necessary.