MARYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
Performs laboratory diagnostic tests, which are waived, moderately and highly complex. Evaluates the effects that a patient's physiological condition may have on test results. Confirms test results and provides the physician with data necessary to determine the presence, extent, cause and treatment of disease. Assisting in developing, designing and modifying quality control programs, assuring the accuracy and reliability of test results. Monitors, maintains and troubleshoots laboratory instruments and equipment. Assists with training of new employees / students. Assists physicians with Bone Marrow collection procedures, is able to interact with physicians and nursing staff in a positive manner. Performs computer functions on the LIS system Assists Manager with work assignments and administrative functions. Participates with continuing education in respective areas of expertise. May assume responsibility in absence of the supervisor. May be required to perform phlebotomy functions on occasion.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree in Medical Technology or related field, including a one year internship program in an approved School
of Medical Technology or an equivalent alternative is required.
2. Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized certification agency is required.
3. Previous experience in clinical laboratory is preferred.
4. This position may be an entry level position
5. Requires judgment in planning work, assessing results, solving problems, and taking or recommending actions.
6. Work includes the use of microscopes, chemicals, complex laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
7. Requires rigid accuracy in the receiving, processing and result entry of orders and results.
8. Must possess satisfactory communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Able to work independently and coordinate job responsibilities with peers; must be able to work under pressure.
10. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with the realization that error and negligence may result in negative
consequences for patients, a disruption of Medical care operations or in a financial loss for the facility.
11. May be required to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and / or overtime as needed.
8.5 Hour Shifts
Bon Secours Hampton Roads
MARYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER
Shift (check all that apply):
Is driving record considered for this job?:
Is credit history considered for this job?:
At Bon Secours, we believe in Right Relationships and as an organization we are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Bon Secours also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.