- This position will report to the: Supervisor
- Travel Requirement: Some
- FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
- Shift: 1st Shift
- Employment Category: Full -Time
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and cafe beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company's mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Harvest Tractor Driver will drive a gasoline or diesel-powered tractor to move materials and load carrots into a set of field trailers. The individual will draw farm implements, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground and pull cable of winch to rise, lower, or load heavy material or equipment.
- Fasten attachments, such as fifth wheel dollies, trailers and fuel wagons.
- Operate tractor to move materials, tow trailers, pull out objects embedded in ground, pull cable on winch to raise lower or load heavy equipment's
- Perform daily preventative maintenance procedures and safety inspections on equipment
- Load a set of double trailers with carrots with an acceptable load in weight to deliver to the processing plant
- Assist the Harvest Foreman in general mechanical repairs of equipment
- Move harvest tractors safely on the road from different field locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years previous experience as a tractor driver
- Ability to work 75% of time in non- local areas and 25% in local areas
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work in noisy and cramped areas is integral
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be skilled in use of hand tools
- Ability to apply common sense, understand and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of mathematical skills
- One to two years previous experience in farm environment
- Must be able to carry/lift up to 50 lbs
- Environmental exposure- seasonal outdoor temperatures
- Material exposure- machine truck vibrations/moving mechanical parts
Hours & Workdays:
The days and hours for this position will vary and be based on the AG Wage Order which is subject to 9.5 hours a day and up to 55 hours per week.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.