- This position will report to the: Supervisor
- Travel Requirement: None
- FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt.
- Shift: 2nd Shift
- Employment Category: Full-Time
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Senior Production Assistant will assist the supervisor in trouble shooting, making minor adjustments and reporting problems with plant equipment to achieve maximum levels of quality and production while minimizing downtime.
- Alert maintenance staff and manager/plant operator of all breakdowns and give updates of equipment status
- Read work orders, blueprints, drawings and plans
- Perform site survey, prepare work orders and logistics to perform work and coordinate with production, maintenance, and supervisor
- Monitor production area, respond to maintenance calls, check code dates, work orders, and inspect equipment
- Make adjustments to plant equipment to optimize quality and production as needed
- Train new employees on how to work safely on or near equipment
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe plant
- Inspect work and work area, perform clean-up using proper tools and machinery as needed
- Responsible for notifying supervisor of any objects found or any pest being sighted
- Be aware of all sanitation guidelines and assist in enforcing them
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely
- Six months to one-year experience in a production facility
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Punctual, excellent attendance record, and cooperate with others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Basic mathematical and computer skills
- Apply common sense, understand, and carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- One-year experience in food production/manufacturing facility
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Mechanically inclined
- Forklift Certified
- Environmental exposure –cold/wet conditions (40 ° or below)
- Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and vibrations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time during the work period
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2nd Shift (2:00PM-12:00AM)
Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products.
MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD
Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause.
We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation.
BRAND OF BOLD ACTION
We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.
Bolthouse FarmsROOTED IN QUALITY Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products. MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause. CREATIVITY MATTERS We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation. BRAND OF BOLD ACTION We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.