Sr. Graphic Designer
Bolthouse Farms Bakersfield, CA
- Posted: August 23, 2021
- This position will report to the: Sr. Art Director, Creative Services Department
- Travel Requirement: None
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Category: Full time
PLANTS. POWERING. PEOPLE.
For more than a century, Bolthouse Farms has been known as the innovation leader in growing and distributing carrots and high-quality, innovative branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people and headquartered in Bakersfield in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and distributors in the U.S. Guided by its purpose - Plants Powering People - the company recently introduced its new Bolthouse Farms Wunderoots line of fresh carrot innovations including carrot dogs, and also produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, cafe beverages, protein shakes, functional beverages and premium refrigerated dressings, all under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the planning, management and delivery of projects from concept through completion. Senior Graphic Designers work as project leads with other designers on multi-component projects. They conceptualize and design corporate and marketing materials, research technology/production techniques as necessary, ensuring quality control through approval of proofs, press checks, and testing of materials before deployment.
- Works with Project Manager to determine design/production requirements, deadlines, and messaging objectives in order to create marketing materials that are on strategy, on time, and on budget.
- Creates original brand-appropriate solutions across each channel for multiple platforms and media.
- Researches, creates and executes designs for print, marketing collateral, multimedia interfaces, packaging and other materials.
- Acts a principal design lead for product photo shoots when art director is not present.
- Designs packaging layouts and manages proofing, production process, lead times and manufacturing capabilities for various substrates and packaged goods.
- Helps manage workload and mentor career trajectory of Graphic Designers along with any freelance design support from 3rd party agencies.
- Key reviewer for all marketing materials. Ensures that materials are delivered with the utmost quality and assists manager with final proofing.
- Assists in conceptualization for category brand extensions and packaging redesigns
- Works on development of exhibitor "look and feels" all the wat to completion. (i.e. national and regional trade shows.)
- Travels to company locations other than where normally assigned for the purpose of project work, press approvals, meetings or presentations
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design from four-year college or university and 7+ or more years prior work experience as a designer in an advertising agency, graphic design firm or in-house creative department.
- Experienced with print, digital, environmental/event, and package design, photography, retouching, project management, proofing, and archiving/digital asset management.
- Strong understanding of creative requests/briefs.
- Expert photography and retouching skills.
- Exceptional pre-press and on-press skills with an acute sense of color.
- Expert conceptualization skills with experience creating on-strategy concept pitches and presentations.
- Strong knowledge of production, proofing and multiple printing processes.
- Exceptional graphic design skills with solid understanding of typography and color plus the ability to create layouts that remain consistent with brand architecture.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Art direction and project management skills
- Strong conceptual execution
- Influencing skills: Active listening and interpersonal influence
- Strategic thinking and process orientated
- Thought leadership: Design (packaging and layout), photography and video
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship
- Manages and maintains vendor relationships
- A master in Adobe programs
- Positive, collaborative, and innovative
- Embraces the Bolthouse Farms culture. Has great interpersonal skills with people at all levels of a business.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Bolthouse Farms