- This position will report to the: Manager - Accounting
- Travel Requirement: None
- Location: REMOTE (must be local to Bakersfield, CA)
- FLSA Status: Exempt.
- Shift: 8-5
- Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
- Manage financial aspects of international subsidiaries; including consolidation with parent company books, reconciliation and review of trial balance maintained by third party accounting firms, support in maintaining registration and required filings as required by foreign jurisdictions, support recovery of local taxes incurred (VAT, GST, etc.) and general process improvements
- Maintain accounting records and support tax preparation for various ancillary entities
- Assist with preparation of timely, accurate, and relevant financial information and general ledger account reconciliations for month-end close to ensure financial statements (internal and external) are prepared accurately, consistently, and in a timely manner consistent with U.S Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare manual cash entries and monitor bank activity as required
- Review monthly elimination entries as well as review and reconcile intercompany balances
- Maintain schedule for prepayments and post amortization Journal entries
- Support Accounting organization with month end close process following rigid timelines to complete accounting financial close activities within 5 business days
- Maintain Debt schedules with affiliates by recording monthly interest accruals and loan payments
- Prepare and issue monthly accrual reports and create accrual JE as appropriate
- Assist management in identifying opportunities to streamline or implement new procedures to increase timeliness, efficiency, and improve the accuracy of financial records and reporting.
- Participate and builds controls as required in SOX implementation
- Support internal and external audit teams to provide requested documentation and ensure proper accounting principles are being followed
- Assist in preparation of annual census, various budgets, and insurance renewal documentation
- Participates in the design and testing of new systems, automated processes, and reporting tools Complete special projects and requests as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 3+ years progressive accounting experience preferred
- Current GAAP knowledge; CPA is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical skillset and problem solving
- Proven, reliable work history
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record
Additional Required Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have the necessary skills to thrive in a high change, growth company environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Access Skills
- Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communications, and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively interact with operational areas to ensure issues when they arise are properly solved
- Detailed oriented, ability to research problematic areas, identifying issues, and recommend appropriate treatment
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and pro-actively resolve challenges in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Able to work independently
- Self-starter and innovative thinker
- Effective in working independently or in a team environment
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Compliance
- Proficient in Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- JD Edwards, ERP System experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time during work period
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products.
MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD
Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause.
We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation.
BRAND OF BOLD ACTION
We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.
Bolthouse FarmsROOTED IN QUALITY Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products. MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause. CREATIVITY MATTERS We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation. BRAND OF BOLD ACTION We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.