Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and caf beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
This position is responsible for composing, editing, and revising a variety of documents in support of Bolthouse Farms quality and food safety systems. The position requires an experienced individual with strong technical writing background that can apply written and verbal communication skills to develop technical documents including: Policies, Forms, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions. The program writer will need to interface with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the plants to successfully complete the work required by this position.
- Supports the management of documentation projects, starting with initial planning through writing, editing, reviewing, and revising to final draft.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, such as managers, supervisors, and operators to develop technical documents.
- Edit the material of others and make corrections and improvements as needed to ensure consistency in grammar, continuity in subject presentation, and content.
- Identify, develop, and maintain required manuals, training materials, and documentation to support all manufacturing, maintenance and food safety quality systems.
- Observe processes and interview the appropriate individuals to gather the necessary information to compose required documents.
- Conduct review sessions with proper individuals to collect feedback and make necessary revisions prior to final sing off and release of documents.
- Assist updates to documents.
- Participate in other assignments as directed by the team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Ability to organize and work with a cross functional team
- Ability to multi-task and successfully engage in multiple initiatives
- Ability to observe processes and translate the learning into technical documents
- Bachelors Degree OR commensurate experience
- Experience in writing, editing and composition
- Previous experience in food manufacturing and or quality systems
- Typing and viewing a computer monitor
- Walking in a production environment
- Occasional travel
HOURS & WORKDAYS:
- 8 to 10 hours a day Monday Friday
- Some Saturdays and Sundays may be required on occasion
- Location in Bakersfield, CA
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.