Bolthouse Farms Bakersfield, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Start a conversation and schedule an interview by texting “Carrots” to 661-403-4866.
- Inicie una conversación y programe una entrevista enviando un mensaje de texto “Zanahorias” a 661-403-4866.
- This position will report to the: Supervisor
- Travel Requirement: None
- FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt.
- Employment Category: Full-Time Temporary
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Medical Assistant effectively communicates, manages, and organizes all aspects of the patient encounter to ensure the optimal patient care experience. The Medical Assistant is the patient’s primary advocate and contact with Bolthouse Farms, welcoming each patient to the organization, encouraging confidence in the care received. The Medical Assistant supports patient engagement and provides general health education so patients are optimally prepared to discuss their healthcare objectives and agree on a care plan
- Escorts patients to exam rooms; prepares for exam and treatment; takes and records vital signs and other necessary measurements; records chief complaint and allergies;
- Administers immunizations and medications; and performs office testing and treatments, as ordered by the provider; and collects, prepares, and transports specimens for laboratory testing;
- Applies and removes bandages and wound dressings; removes sutures and/or staples from superficial incisions or lacerations;
- Assists provider with exams, procedures, and minor surgeries; and acts as chaperon, as needed;
- Uses universal blood and body fluid precautions at all times and personal protective equipment as needed;
- Applies orthopedic appliances;
- Performs ear lavage;
- Acts as liaison between provider and patient;
- Answers incoming telephone calls, documents all telephone encounters in the medical record;
- Prepares and processes necessary forms for referrals and eligibility;
- Cleans and disinfects equipment, exam rooms, and storage areas;
- Orders supplies and stocks patient care areas;
- Submits requisitions for needed maintenance and repairs;
- Obtains and organizes patient medical records; including lab, x-ray, referral, and other needed reports;
- Performs urine pregnancy testing;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Possess and maintain a current, clean, and clear American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
- Appointees not possessing the BLS card must successfully complete appropriate training and qualify for the BLS card within sixty (60) days of appointment or employment will be terminated.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent and successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant
- During the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, we recognize that certain “non-essential worker” personnel may at times store consumer-facing materials (including, but not limited to, EADs, coupons, promotional materials, etc.) offsite from Company locations, such as at associates’ homes or in vehicles. All such consumer-facing materials must be maintained in a smoke-free and secure workplace environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products.
MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD
Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause.
We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation.
BRAND OF BOLD ACTION
We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.
ROOTED IN QUALITY Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products. MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause. CREATIVITY MATTERS We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation. BRAND OF BOLD ACTION We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.