Master Packer - 2nd Shift
Bolthouse Farms Prosser, WA
- Posted: May 10, 2021
This position will report to the: Supervisor
Travel Requirement: None
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt.
Shift: 2nd Shift
Employment Category: Full Time - Regular
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and cafe beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company's mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
- Ensure that proper packaging supplies (bags/trays)/ IFCO's/cartons are in positioned to the workstation
- Obtain trays/IFCO's/ cartons from chute and place on worktable
- Manually obtain finished bags of product from conveyor and place into master-carton/ tray / IFCO according to proper stack pattern
- Push full bags/ trays/ IFCO's / cartons on to conveyor
- Ensure that product is packed properly and watch the seal, printing, code date, and pin hole
- Count bags as they are packed to ensure that the proper quantity is packed
- Remove defective bags from pack line and place into rework totes
- Ensure that product with labels are properly labeled on both sides
- Notify supervisor of any objects found in or on product or any pest being sighted
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work as a team and follow instructions
- Ability to use the equipment and tools used to perform the job
- Good mathematical skills (such as adding and subtracting)
- Three to six months experience in a production facility
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Environmental exposure -cold/wet conditions (40 or below)
- Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles and vibrations
- Must be able to lift/push-pull/carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Hours: 2nd Shift (5:00PM - 2:30AM) when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
Hours: 2nd Shift (5:00PM - 2:30AM)
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Bolthouse Farms