Manager - Shift
Bolthouse Farms Bakersfield, CA
- Posted: April 07, 2021
- This position will report to the: Plant Manager
- Travel Requirement: N/A
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Category: Full-Time
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and cafe beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company's mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Shift Manager will coordinate shift activities, monitor carrot flows, manage process facilities and equipment, and maintain quality standards, while maximizing production units. Responsibilities include: assigning and directing work, managing throughout, assuring equipment up time and product utilization, maximizing personnel efforts, monitoring productivity, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Meets production goals for quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety
- Identifies processing deficiencies and methods of improvement with Management and implement changes as needed
- Directly responsible for the development and training of production supervisors, leads and employees, working within the guidelines of company policies
- Tracks production reports to ensure efficiency
- Watches flow of product and contacts necessary support divisions to maximize uptime
- Takes leadership role regarding employee safety by enforcing safe practices, addressing unsafe conditions and holding regular safety meetings
- Ensures accurate timecard reporting/attendance tracking
- Counsels and disciplines employees
- Assures all daily orders are filled on time and management's daily goals are met
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences
- Good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of e-mail Internet software, Manufacturing software, and Word Processing software.
- Ability to manage and interact with personnel using company guidelines and provisions.
- Ambitiously seeking vertical movement within the company and looking to make a career
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Ag Business or equivalent, from 4-Year College or technical school; and two plus years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid California Driver License with clean driving record
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) or ability to speak Spanish or willingness to learn
- 2+ years of management experience (100+ reports) in Operations and food
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time during work period
- Standing/walking for prolonged periods of time
- Environmental exposure-cold/humid/wet conditions (40or below), moving machinery and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to climb stairways, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock, and vibrations
- Required to work some-off shift hours as well as 6-day work weeks
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
TourismView all jobs at Bolthouse Farms