Human Resources Generalist
Bolthouse Farms Bakersfield, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- This position will report to the: Human Resources Manager
- Travel Requirement: None
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Category: Full-Time
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Human Resources Generalist will have responsibilities in all human resources functional services to include the areas of employee relations, leave of absence, recruitment, policy and regulations, performance management, training and development supporting the Bakersfield facility.
- Serving as in-house consultant on the employment policies and conflict resolution to all levels of management within the company
- Act as the principle expert in providing advice and counsel to employees and management on HR policies and practices, often involving highly difficult human relations matters
- Communicate with managers and employees on a regular basis to establish rapport, gauge moral, and source new candidate leads
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop, implement, and communicate company policies, procedures and initiatives
- Responsible for instituting employee engagement initiatives
- Maintain and administer employee performance review process
- Perform quarterly Kronos Audits for Wage & Hour Compliance
- Collect, compile, analyze and prepare reports for HR compliance
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws, OSHA, Workers’ Comp., and DOT regulations
- Assist with staff development plans, coaching tools and training
- Travel to local farm sites when needed to be familiar with work environments
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Administrative experience within HR or related area would be a plus
- Valid California Driver’s License
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Employee Relations Investigations Experience
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- High degree of professional ethics and sense of fairness
- Excellent decision-making capabilities and ability to guide others towards making sound business choices
- Must have a keen understanding of Labor Laws to ensure compliance
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Good to excellent grammar and written communication skills
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Ability to travel when business requires
- Bilingual- Fluent in Spanish, ability to read, write and speak
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products.
MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD
Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause.
We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation.
BRAND OF BOLD ACTION
We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.
ROOTED IN QUALITY Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products. MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause. CREATIVITY MATTERS We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation. BRAND OF BOLD ACTION We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.