Bolthouse Farms is seeking a Field Sales & Merchandising Representative (FSR) who will be responsible for sales and general merchandising duties at store and divisional level in their respective territory.
- This position will report to the: Manager, Field Sales & Merchandising
- Travel Requirement: 100%
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Employment Category: Full time - regular
- Location: Greater Sacramento, CA area
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is in California’s fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company’s mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The successful FSR will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve Field Sales quotas. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services. As an FSR they will also research sales competition.
- Act as main point person on all Bolthouse Farms field sales and merchandising responsibilities within an assigned territory
- Act as the Sales Liaison to a specific account or retailer determined by assigned territory
- Work prospects through the entire sales cycle, including developing new leads, educating prospects, and turning interested shoppers into long term customers
- Efficiently plan and execute projects within territory according to company objectives
- Develop and implement strategies for achieving and exceeding set sales targets.
- Monitor the company’s industry competitors, new products, and market conditions.
- Carry out survey of the industry to identify trends such as price of competing products, product demand and current merchandising.
- Conduct strategic field sales tactics by establishing and maintaining “win-win" business relationships with supermarket personnel including Store Associates, Department Managers, Store Managers, Regional Specialists and corporate buying influences. This includes but is not limited to: selling in secondary product displays, expanding product facings on shelf, filling distribution gaps (ACV), and optimizing product placement.
- Responsible for maximizing sales and customer service through effective planning, relationship building, and in-store servicing.
- Responsible for finding creative solutions to expand shelf space, placement of POS (signage) materials, installing glide racks, resetting displays (potentially adjusting shelves), rolling out new products, implementing secondary displays, conducting market research projects, reactivating current, and/or selling in new innovation where permitted/applicable
- Responsible for establishing and completing weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals to accomplish performance metrics
- Prepare and present to management regular reports on territory sales operations and generated revenue to Regional and National Field Sales team, Regional Sales Managers, National Sales Directors, and cross-functional personnel throughout the organization.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador within assigned territory, with regular and direct interaction with consumers
- Responsible for conducting in store demos where permitted.
- Attending and/or participating in RSM/NSD sales calls.
- Create and Implement business-advancing projects for all chains in the territory to increase awareness of new products, limit out of stocks, inform Produce Manager of ad specials, etc.
- Daily reporting of activities through Flowfinity software application
- Analyze and apply the use of sales data, scan data, and IRI data to create strategies and goals for business advancement, create proposals (sell sheets/regional presentations)
- The scope of the Field Sales Representative will change based on business needs and market trends.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and at least 3 years of relevant experience as a Produce Manager, Grocery Manager, Assistant Grocery Manager, or industry equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record The ability and desire to sell with a confident and determined approach
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to comprehend and analyze data
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive with the capacity to flourish in a competitive environment
- The ability to work both independently and as a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook) and ability to learn proprietary software applications
- Available for extensive local travel within territory (with some overnight travel required)
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products.
MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD
Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause.
We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation.
BRAND OF BOLD ACTION
We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.
Bolthouse FarmsROOTED IN QUALITY Thanks to more than 100 years of working the land, we have a hard-won wisdom and passionate commitment to providing fresh, healthy and nutritious products. MOTIVATED BY THE GREATER GOOD Community is our top priority. We're driven as much by the health of our families as we are the health of our country and our world. For that reason, we never stop learning and partnering with others who share our cause. CREATIVITY MATTERS We believe in the power of innovation to connect people with fresher food. That's why we add a punch of creativity to everything we do – from farming to product development to our marketing conversation. BRAND OF BOLD ACTION We loudly and proudly celebrate fresh fruits and veggies, and we do it through action more than words. We lead by example.