Quality Engineer (QMS)
Bolta US Northport, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Contributes to developing the Quality strategy, policies, processes, standards and systems for the Company and its supply chain to operate within. May undertake auditing to ensure compliance although this may be carried out by a third party accredited body.
- Responsible for operating the Quality Management System (QMS), writing procedures and processes to support the QMS development. Lead and undertake audits across all areas of the organization as well as across the supply chain. Provide training and champion the Quality Management System. Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion.
- Planning, implementation and maintenance of quality standards for particular projects in line with quantity, quality, time schedule and cost targets.
- Oversee effective implementation of the Quality Management System throughout the company, including any business accreditations.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Maintain the Quality Manuals and Quality Procedures and ensure contents are appropriate for business
- Analyze current and future procedural needs of the business
- Organize and manage the plant internal audit system and the corrective action reporting system
- Conduct Quality Systems audits and assist in training/guidance to other auditors
- Host external Quality System audits.
- Coordinate the review of Quality procedures associated with plant continuous improvement initiatives.
- Plan Standard Operating practices required under the overriding Quality procedures
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedure content and coordinate the issuing of these documents
- Undertake internal project and management audits during the earlier, design and manufacture stages
- Collate quality data for monitoring targets.
- Assist with training of quality awareness.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system.
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Support and lead process improvement activities
- Other duties assigned in order to ensure operations run efficient
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Knowledge of quality systems.
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Strong knowledge of IATF
- Knowledge of TS16949 and ISO9000
- Understanding of ISO14001 and Health and Safety Practices
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Negotiation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
Professional Experience (Years/ Experience)
A minimum of 10 years’ experience supporting an automotive production facility. 5 years of experience on the Quality Management System
Certification on IATF, TS 16949 and ISO9000 (VDA is a plus)
ManufacturingView all jobs at Bolta US