We're seeking an experienced and talented Lead Finish Carpenter to join the Bolster family.
As a Lead Finish Carpenter, you will have a minimum of 15 years of hands-on experience in all aspects of high-end residential interior woodwork. We are looking for a craftsman that can take full responsibility for the project's carpentry and carpentry finishes. Consider yourself as a lead of intricate base, door, crown, and other decorative work. You will, of course, have a solid track record running these types of projects in Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Your skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to work with others and independently. Working alongside other team members and trades, you will be an integral person for successful project completion. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.Responsibilities
Based in New York City, you will report directly to your Build Manager. You will receive support from Bolster's technology, the Lead Build Manager and operations team to help you fulfill the following responsibilities and work experience:
Must have a minimum of 20 years of experience with all aspects of residential renovations of Brown Stones and residential apartments in Manhattan.
- Able to read and follow blueprints.
- Take the lead on projects
- Wood Framing: Floors, walls, ceilings etc.
- Metal Framing: Wall partitions, drop ceilings etc.
- Installing windows and siding.
- Installing doors and moldings
- Must have OSHA 40 hr certificate
- All work is based in Brooklyn and Manhattan NY
(Please do not apply for this position unless you have the credentials the we are requesting.)
You must be well-organized, favor safety above everything else. You will be frequently required to:
- Stand, walk, or sit for extended periods;
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch;
- Talk, hear, see, read and write;
- Use your hands and fingers to handle, feel or move objects, tools or controls;
- Use a smartphone; tablet or other device for scheduling;
- Use first aid equipment, a fire extinguisher and power and hand tools;
- Lift, move and carry objects up to 65 pounds;
- Able to work off of construction drawings;
- Must have furniture grade finish work skills.
- Experienced: You have Carpentry skills delivering high-end residential renovations in NYC within co-op, condo and brownstone buildings. You have worked predominantly in high-end renovations and a have a proven track record of delivering projects tasks and within schedule.
- Problem Solver: You solve one problem after the next in the pursuit of building something great. You love the challenge of tackling difficult situations and finding solutions to meet our homeowners' needs. You can skillfully negotiate in tough situations and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Always Learning: You seek feedback for improvement, are open to criticism, and aren't defensive. You don't wait for others to open doors and make things happen for you. You learn from peer successes and seek best practices for continued self-improvement.
- Results driven: You balance craftsmanship with production, and you can be counted on to exceed goals with grace.
- Preferably Mobile: You have a valid NYC driver's license (although not mandatory).
- Available: You are available and eligible to start full time employment in the U.S.
- 20 years experience in high-end home renovation in New York
- Proven experience as a Site Foreman
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Understanding of electrical and plumbing systems
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints
- Aptitude in math
- Good physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or diploma in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter etc.)
- Must have all relevant up to date OSHA certifications
- Competitive base salary and stock options based on experience and skill level
- Career path opportunities
- Benefits include sales and project management training, vacation comprehensive health care, 401K program
- Eligibility for annual merit increase in base pay
- This is a forty hour work week, Monday to Friday in Brooklyn or Manhattan only.