At MassMutual, we’re passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing highly interactive digital experiences for our customers. This role supports a portfolio of technical initiatives that are focused on driving cost efficiencies, increasing digital adoption and adding value to the company, coordinating within and across both the technology and broader MM organization. To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring an IT Portfolio Specialist to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal IT Portfolio Specialist candidate is detail oriented, results driven, and possesses strong communication and organizational skills. You’ll use your skills to support the assessment, planning, reporting and tracking of technology initiatives in an IT portfolio which is focused on achieving key financial goals. You’re also resilient when dealing with ambiguity and proactively identify opportunities for increased efficiency and improvement in our portfolio management processes.
Objectives of this role
- Support end-to-end intake assessment and planning process for incoming portfolio initiatives
- Provide data entry and maintenance of accurate initiative information in the portfolio management tool.
- Provide portfolio analysis and reporting on performance metrics
- Provide support / training to initiative owners and stakeholders to familiarize them with the processes, procedures and required documentation.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Obtain portfolio initiative information from Initiative Owners including but not limited to Cost-Benefit-Analyses (CBAs), rough order of magnitude (ROM) estimates, timelines, status, issues & risks.
- Perform quality check review of initiative information and artifacts to ensure complete and accurate.
- Perform data entry to create and maintain accurate initiative information in the portfolio management tool.
- Analyze portfolio performance, risks, issues and options to facilitate portfolio prioritization at the direction of more senior portfolio analysts.
- Respond to inquiries both written and verbal as needed.
- Create and maintain portfolio performance reporting, presentations, spreadsheets, templates with limited assistance.
- Assists with training initiative owners to familiarize them with the processes, procedures and documentation required for portfolio management, key performance metrics and reporting.
- Facilitate change control process and approval.
- Schedule portfolio meetings, prepare meeting agendas, capture meeting minutes to circulate action items for follow-up .
- Continuously assess and may recommend changes to process/procedures related to portfolio management to identify increased efficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
Skills and qualifications
- Associates Degree
- Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to research, analyze
- Demonstrated ability to identify, lead and execute continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience working with advanced versions of MS Office suite, highly skilled in Excel
- Ability to leverage technology – MS Office, Outlook, Office 365
- 2+ years of related work
- Track record of working autonomously in a collaborative environment
- Candidate must have the ability to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience using a PPM tool (Clarity PPM)
- 1+ years of IT program/portfolio support experience
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Experience in the financial services/insurance industry