Mechanical Assistant (Warehouse Helper)
- Expired: January 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join the industry leader! BOLAND provides clients with sustainable and energy efficient solutions for commercial, institutional and industrial buildings in the Washington, DC / Baltimore metropolitan area. We allow building occupants and owners to do what they do bestfocus on business, not buildings.
Did you know we have been named a "Best Place to Work" by 'Washington Business Journal' 14 times?
Mechanical Assistant (Lanham, MD): This career-track role assists highly skilled HVAC Service Engineers, and is intended to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required for entrance into the UA Mechanical Trades School apprenticeship program.
- Perform refrigerant recovery on returned refrigerants to the warehouse
- Maintain all tools, equipment, rigging, and machinery in good and safe working order
- Maintain all warehouse vehicles in good working and safe condition
- Deliver parts, equipment, and machinery to all field technicians as instructed
- Support field technicians on job sites as instructed
- Keep warehouse clean and orderly at all times
- Maintain solvent recovery station, logging solvents, and clean-up of area
- Flexibility to work on-call, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent experience and education
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record required. Candidates will be required to provide driving record during interviewing process
- Able to work well independently and be a team player, values safety and is genuinely interested in HVAC trade
- Consistently punctual, self-starter, motivated, respectful, problem solver, proactive, task oriented
- Mechanical experience, good with hand tools, and experience in technical industry is a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Being able to stand and kneel for long periods of time, also be capable of lifting 100lbs frequently
- Frequent visits to job sites
- Being able to work indoor and outdoor through seasonal changes
- Excellent pay and benefits
- Great and supportive work environment
- Professional training and growth
- Generous educational assistance program
- Recognition and outstanding co-workers!
If you are interested in joining the Boland team, please apply through ( )
We want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screening. Boland is a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Boland Trane Associates Inc & Boland Trane Services Inc
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Mechanical Energy Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.