Temporary, part-time, non-benefit eligible working approximately 19.5 hours per week.
Customer Service Representatives are the first point of contact for visitors, students and/or employees seeking medical services from Health Services. CSRs are responsible for gathering patient registration information to facilitate the rendering of proper services and completion of billing in a manner which protects the patients' privacy and complies with all HIPAA regulations. CSRs perform decision-making regarding scheduling needs for patients based on presentation of symptoms and chief complaints, they collect personal and sensitive health information and perform duties which are essential to quality of care and efficient patient flow and satisfaction. CSRs must answer questions from patients that call or email Health Services and make decisions on transferring phone calls and emails from our Health Services email to the appropriate departments and staff members, if needed. CSRs assist in correcting errors in collaboration with the Health Insurance and Billing office for accurate invoicing of patient charges, which includes collecting funds for any services which are not billable to the patient's insurance and prepare the transmittal log for the daily deposit. CSRs will also assist with other projects as assigned. CSRs are essential in creating a positive customer service environment that enhances the patient's experience at Health Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting and providing customer service to patients and visitors who visit Health Services.
- Perform proper process for effectively checking patients in and out of their scheduled appointments.
- Scheduling patient appointments and gather patient information to enter into the Health Services Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Answering and directing phone calls as necessary, as well as, monitoring the Health Services email account.
- Invoicing patient charges to insurance companies and applying patient payments to their accounts.
- Assisting the Health Insurance and Billing office with any errors for insurance claims.
- Demonstrating proper HIPAA regulations and billing practices.
Some knowledge of interviewing methods.
Experience: interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws or complex policies to carry out assignments; accessing data using a computerized system; independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting; conducting sensitive fact-finding interviews.
- Knowledge of Medical Billing and Coding practices
- Some knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations and Health Insurances;
- Ability to access, operate and perform tasks on a computer running on a Windows operating system;
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize work flow;
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and individually, as needed;
- Pleasant and positive demeanor and an outstanding commitment to customer service
- Interest, experience, and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity
Required Application Materials: Please submit a cover letter and resume indicating your interest and qualifications for this position directly to Christy Hill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours and Details of Position: Part-time, temporary, non- benefit eligible. Approximately 19.5 hours per week, regular schedule set to Monday- Thursday 11:00 am -3:00 pm and Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.
Closing Date: The deadline for applications is Friday, August 16, 2019.
About the Boise: https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/