Regional (NC/SC) Highway construction/paving contractor seeks Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager to manage NCDOT, SCDOT, and municipal projects with contract values up to $15,000,000. We are looking for an accountable project engineer to be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned highway construction projects
- Position includes planning, directing, and coordinating activities of projects to ensure goals/objectives are accomplished within time frame and budget parameters.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and project specifications
- Interact daily with the clients representatives to understand interpret their needs and requirements
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Assign responsibilities and manage project team
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions if needed
- Proven working experience as a project engineer
- Experience with Primavera, Bid2Win, AGTEK, or similar takeoff/bidding/scheduling software preferred
- Must possess strong writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as ability to analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare cost, and labor estimates.
- Some knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD preferred
- Advanced MS Office/Google docs skills
- Familiarity with construction specification
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license preferred but not required
- No minimum experience is required but experience in the asphalt and heavy highway industry is helpful.
- Time management and organization skills
- Preferred candidates have an Associates/Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or related field.
Join our growing team. Apply today!