We are seeking a Plant Manager to join our team! You will oversee the activities of a team of production workers.
Your experience should include plant & production leadership positions where you have been accountable for day-to-day plant operation’s performance including maintenance, P&L, shipping & receiving, logistics, assembly, and production.
This position is a “Hands-On” Proven Leader responsible for providing planning & direction to the manufacturing & assembly operations. You will be responsible for the day-to-day plant operations to include production scheduling, production efficiency, equipment and facilities maintenance, transportation & logistics, exceptional quality, safety, P&L analysis, performance reporting, and team building.
You will support and create manufacturing processes and activities within the plant and will work with the company leadership to support the development of new business and maintenance of current businesses. You will improve turnover rate, production efficiencies, and quality.
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing budgets and production goals.
- All manufacturing and logistics related activities for the plant including production, planning/scheduling, and transportation.
- Oversees all resources related to manpower, assets, and capabilities.
- You will assess plant performance against Operating Plans & Standards
- Ensures plant performance meets goals and meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- You will develop and maintain an engaged employee relations environment and work with staff members on their growth and development.
- You will ensure that employees feel encouraged and motivated to contribute at their full potential.
- You will ensure labor cost; equipment efficiency and material are optimized.
- Focus on Safety and ensure achievement of the plant’s safety objectives.
- Accountable for justification and cost control of capital expenditures.
- You will assist in the development of performance standards.
- You must be able to identify project tasks, develop plans and then implement plans. You should have experience driving performance in a manufacturing or assembly operation. You should have strong Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing problem solving skills.
- A BS degree is preferred but is not required.
- An MBA would be a plus.
- You should have 5+ years of plant or production management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- You should be a proven manufacturing leader that is employee engaged & focused.
- You should have Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Six Sigma experience is a plus.
- You should have experience with process improvements, determining root cause, tooling, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of material structure, manufacturing performance results reporting, and computer skills.
- You should have Operating and Capital Budget experience.