Entry Level Supplier Quality Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Columbus, OH
Job Description Summary:Integrates contractual and Boeing Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals and program processes and documentation. Develops quality metrics, design and production certification plans to ensure compliance with contractual, Company and regulatory requirements. Conducts capability assessments and process validations to support supplier selection activities. Participates in various reviews to ensure quality attributes are incorporated into product designs. Performs analysis and process audits to ensure manufacturing and test readiness. Provides material review dispositions for non-conformances. Analyzes non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions. Performs benchmarking and other forms of analysis to ensure specified processes capability levels are achieved.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) Supplier Quality Regional Operations (SQRO) organization is seeking a highly motivated Entry level Supplier Quality Engineer to join the team. The selected candidate will be part of a global team that is geographically dispersed to assist with the development and quality oversight of Boeing's suppliers. This position will be based near suppliers in the Columbus, Ohio area (preferably 0-20 miles north of Columbus).
- Engage in early quality involvement with Boeing program(s) and supplier(s) to assist in developing effective quality oversight plans that positively influence the supplier's Quality Management System (QMS) health and performance.
- Assist in performing data analysis to determine supplier defect reduction product and process targets.
- Assist with the develop and maintenance of risk based oversight plans based on supplier maturity and performance levels.
- Effectively communicate and provide feedback to supplier regarding development and performance.
- Learn the basics of supplier development on quality systems and regulatory compliance.
- Learn and begin utilization of Boeing processes & system.
- Learn and assist with supplier operational capability and capacity studies.
- Assist with the development of training materials and other resources to support improvements in supplier performance and productivity.
- Ensure Boeing and the Supplier(s) have a thorough understanding of requirements and capabilities.
- Assist with quality reviews and actively participate in program/customer reviews at suppliers.
- Assist with capability and capacity supplier assessments performing current or potential future work.
- Investigate and assist with the resolution of concerns to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Assist with audits and assessments of supplier's systems, processes and products.
- Document and effectively report audit and assessment results.
- Inspect/verify product conformance and process compliance with applicable requirements.
- Learn the basics to perform Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) statement of conformity activities.
- Learn the basics to delegate product acceptance responsibility to suppliers.
- Assist in providing support to other Boeing divisions as required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Possess a valid Driver's License.
- Have efficient transportation to get to/from suppliers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Pass Boeing vision certification requirements.
- Familiarity with reading product blueprints, schematics, and other product definition data (PDD).
Virtual/Remote Work Site Requirements:
Candidates may be asked by management to perform their work from an alternative location (i.e. home office) or supplier facility. If/when a candidate operates from their residence they must have the following:
- Adedicated office space with a high speed internet connection that supports effective use of simultaneous email.
- Use of company Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- 2-way video conference.
- Upload/download data.
- General website usage.
The selected candidate will be required to travel to/from different suppliers as needed. Travel within the state and adjacent states will be required. Occasionally, the candidate may be requested by management to travel and stay overnight to support the work (estimate <15% trips require overnight stay).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Completed or pursuing a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering and/or Quality Systems Engineering.
- Completed Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on industry experience with Aviation, Space and/or Defense products.
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with product manufacturing, machining, mechanical/structural assembly build-up, avionics, electrical, electronics, Electro-Hydro-Mechanical (EHM), metrology and use of gauges, J-Standard IPC Training, Special Processes (i.e. Chemical Processing, Heat Treat, and/or Non-destructive Testing), Computer Aided Drawings (CAD), Digital Product Definition (DPD) and Model Based Definition (MBD) requirements, Airborne Software/Firmware, and/or Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO).
- Familiarity and/or hands-on experience with Data Analytics, Training/Coaching, Technical Writing, Root Cause Investigation and/or Presentation skills.
- Prior military experience.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering ortechnical degrees (e.g. Bachelor) and/or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a