Seattle,Washington,United States C2709
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Perform production installations, maintenance*, preventative maintenance** and alterations*** on aircraft structure, systems and sub-systems, including electrical and avionics on standard or experimental certificated aircraft. Troubleshoot, inspect, test, repair, service aircraft and engine systems to prepare aircraft for flight. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures. May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician Inspection tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications. Perform audit/surveillance of all manufacturing and quality assurance processes, according to specifications, processes, and procedures. Perform Quality functions such as: Customer/FAA Coordination, Configuration Change Verification, Conformity Inspections, Airworthiness Inspections (including Pre-flight and Post-flights), Corrective Action and Investigations. Initiate and document any nonconforming materials, hardware, software, tools, parts, assemblies, or portions thereof, according to specifications, processes, and procedures. May perform Aviation Maintenance Technician tasks in order to obtain and maintain knowledge, skills and required certifications.
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
Maintenance* means inspection, overhaul, repair, preservation, and the initial installation and/or replacement of parts.
Preventive maintenance** means simple or minor preservation operations and the replacement of small standard parts not involving complex assembly operations. Alterations*** means modifications that permanently or temporarily change an airplane from its original design configuration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use technical specifications, sketches, manuals, drawings, engineering instructions and FAA forms and publications to accomplish work assignment.
- Maintains Company and FAA required records and inspection forms.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Plan and organize the sequence of your own work package in such a way as to promote safe, efficient operation and meet predetermined schedules in a timely manner.
- Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned tasks. Including but not limited to Company WEB based systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Interpret and perform to the requirements of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters and other approved/accepted data.
- Apply applicable mathematical calculations to setup and use precision measuring tools, to measure gaps, heights, angles, hole diameters and depths.
- Make production aids to facilitate work assignment.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work. As assigned, exchange information with suppliers, customers or other company representatives to explain or demonstrate operations, tests or difficulties.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- If you are being hired or transferring into a position where you will perform a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety-sensitive function, you are first required to undergo Pre-Employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines, or a metabolite of those drugs.
- A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is preferred. Please note your certificate number on your resume.
- Physical re