Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Provide direct supervision and engineering support to assigned maintenance employees in various disciplines with primary focus on HVACR and to contractors for all plant construction and/or maintenance work associated with designing, improving, expanding and maintaining BIVI facilities particularly in HVACR related areas.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in day to day scheduling and supervision of assigned bargaining unit employees and Field Engineers in problem solving related to production and facility equipment with focus on HVACR (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioing & Refrigeration.
- Provide major technical (referigeration, electrical, control and mechanical) project leadership internally and in the utilization of contractors.
- Prepare contract documents for purchase and/or construction purposes. Obtain quotations based on contract documents. Prepare purchase and appropriation requests as needed for project. Assures accuracy & prompt payment of invoicing. Performs within budgeted guidelines.
- Supervise and train bargaining unit personnel & Field Engineers to ensure the work is done in a safe and efficient manner, within the requirements of good manufacturing and engineering practices. Work with and supports activities of the Safety Committee.
- Develop and improve preventive maintenance procedures. Support the accuracy and utilization of the CMMS (computerized maintenance management system). Aid in development and support of RBM (reliability based maintenance) activities.
- Coordinate design activities with various company departments so that they are provided adequate input into the final product. Ensure satisfaction of affected departments and management upon completion of projects.
- Assures compliance with refrigeration management procedures and EPA requirements as well as other local area or national regulatory agency requirements governing the business.
- Utilizes and adheres to financial policies and assists with development and adherence to expense and capital budgets
- Assists with the development, review and training relative to Facility Standard Operating Procedures
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in management or supervisory leadership roles in the HVACR industry.
- A minimum of 5 years experience involving hands on and/or direct responsibility for the maintenance of HVACR systems particularly with boilers, steam systems, air handlers, chillers, lyophilizers, coolers, freezers, incubators, hydronics including cooling towers and other associated refrigeration and heating system support equipment.
- Knowledgeable of all EPA compliance requirements of refrigeration management.
- Licensed in EPA Certified Universal Refrigeration
- Experience as a trainer in the HVACR or similar technical area is a plus.
- Journeyman Electrician certification is desirable including experience in power supply and control systems.
- Project Management experience is desirable and helpful.
- An ME or EE degree with focus on HVACR disciplines is desirable.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
Organization: US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Title: Group Leader, HVAC/Refrigeration
Location: Americas-US-MO-Saint Joseph
Requisition ID: 203932