Boeckermann Grafstrom & Mayer, LLC (BGM) – Bloomington, MN
Entrepreneurial CPAs Serving Entrepreneurs®
Who is BGM?
With locations in Minnesota and Florida, Boeckermann Grafstrom & Mayer, LLC (BGM) is a firm of Entrepreneurial Proactive CPAs and Advisors. We work with our clients to identify and develop their goals; to find creative ways to achieve those goals; and to provide innovative solutions to their problems through our auditing, tax and consulting services. At BGM, we appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit that can exist inside any business because it exists in our own. We understand what it takes to balance the details and risks with the dreams. We are CPAs and Advisors who truly understand the needs of our entrepreneurial clients – because we are entrepreneurs too.
In early 2017, BGM partnered with Bridge West LLC, a CPA Firm located in Colorado. Bridge West has been servicing cannabis clients since 2009 and is the leading Cannabis only CPA firm in the United States. We are one of the first public accounting firms in the world to only serve the Cannabis industry. We currently serve over 250 cannabis clients throughout the United States and continue to experience a significant increase in revenues as the Cannabis industry is growing exponentially each year throughout the US.
BGM has been named to the “Top 200 Accounting Firms” in the United States by INSIDE Public Accounting.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
· Assist with the detail work of audits, reviews, compilations, and other assurance services for clients;
· Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies;
· Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors;
· Prepare tax returns and reviews with the tax team;
· Complete tax related research and special projects as needed;
· Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries;
· Expand industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
· Minimum 3+ years of public accounting experience
· Current CPA or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA certification
· An accounting internship experience preferred
· Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programs
· Experience with accounting software a plus
· High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills
· Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Willingness to take supervision and guidance
· Team management skills – the ability to coach, motivate, and direct a team of people
· Team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
· Creative problem-solving ability
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in the delivery of quality client service
We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes base salary and bonus potential. We also offer a full benefits package that includes health, dental, life, STD, PTO, 8 paid holidays a year, 401(k) retirement and profit sharing, Sam’s Club membership, and more!
Bridge West/BGM is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to extend equal opportunity in employment to all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.