Boeckeler Instruments is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to help drive innovation in our product lines.
- Responsible for design, development and release of ultra-precision sample preparation instruments for electron microscopy
· Work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing and Quality Control to design and develop new products, and improve existing products
- Translation of CAD/CAM designs into code for milling and CnC machines
- Engage with machine shop and assembly on designs, and incorporate feedback from dealers and end-users into improvements to our product portfolio via root cause analysis, monitor impact on production and adjust for improved efficiencies and decreased deficiencies.
- Work with R&D partners to translate innovations from research into marketable engineered solutions.
- Work with assembly, machinists and outside manufacturing partners to incorporate design improvements into the manufacturing process of new parts and instruments.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in designing, building and testing mechanisms (MS with 6 years or Ph.D. with 4 years of experience)
- Production and/or assembly line experience
- Experience with precision mechanisms
- Experience with the development of different actuation drive systems including power management, motor and gear train sizing and implementation (spur gear, ball screw, lead screw, etc.) as well as associated bearing configurations for optimization of friction and position accuracy.
- Proven design and manufacturing knowledge in machine parts, injection molded parts, hobbing, broaching, sheet metal fabrication, BLDC motors, wire harnesses/flex harnesses and related components
- Familiarity with industry standards for system, DC motor, and mechanical design
- Ability to estimate project / tasks level of effort
- Work history with several successful iterations of ultra-precision designs transferred successfully to manufacturing
- Working experience with ISO 9001 compliance
· Quick learner who is genuinely interested in developing robust solutions to improve sample preparation tools and related areas
· Veterans and experienced engineers in ultramicrotomy and or metrology are encouraged to apply.
Please send your CV to email@example.com.
About Boeckeler Instruments
Boeckeler Instruments, Inc. is a privately-owned company that engineers sample preparation equipment for nanoscale research, under the RMC Boeckeler product line. Our solutions are employed in a broad range of areas including life sciences, materials science and cell biology, with special emphasis in 3D sample preparation. Boeckeler Instruments, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.