Driver - DOT
Our people are the heart of our business. As the world’s largest provider of thermal processing services, Bodycote employs thousands of highly skilled staff around the globe, some of the best engineers, scientists and technicians in the industry. Our staff are encouraged to develop their skills through professional career development and our in-house training resources.
At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Do you have a CDL license? Would you like to be home every night rather than on the road? In this role you will be responsible for the timely, accurate pickup and delivery of our customer’s components for automotive, aerospace and general industrial metal parts. You may cross state lines during the day but this driver job never has you out overnight. In addition you will:
- Responsible for general inspection of company truck, including minor maintenance as needed.
- Complete required DOT paperwork (i.e. Driver Logs, Trip, Records, Required Vehicle Inspection Reports)
- Responsible for prompt and accurate pickup and delivery of customer’s parts and related materials, practicing safe driving standards asset by state law.
- Responsible for preparing jobs for shipment, loading and unloading trucks in a safe and careful manner.
- Secure all loads per DOT requirements
- Must maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times as determined by the company.
- Must follow set procedures if involved in an accident: call authorities, complete accident report (in glove box) and call supervisor immediately.
- Report all Warnings, Citations, Tickets from any roadside inspection or traffic stop to supervisor upon return to home plant
- Performs other tasks as needed.
- This position is responsible for the care and treatment of our customer’s inventory and as such will perform duties in a safe and responsible manner to prevent customer loss or damage.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in commercial driving
- Must have current CDL, be able to produce and maintain clean driving record, and obtain and maintain forklift operator certificate.
- Must maintain a current DOT standard Medical Certificate (excluding approved waiver)
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on airplane travel) in an office/industrial environment.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift 50 plus lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.