- Posted: over a month ago
Bocar US has a need for an experienced Quality Technician for an exciting opportunity with an international company expanding product manufacturing to the US. This role will be responsible for checking and testing cast assembled parts, powertrain parts and/or engine components utilizing high precision measurement tools. The Quality Technician will measure High Pressure Die Cast Aluminum (HPDC) parts using calipers, bore gages, hard gages and specialty measuring devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily inspections of Aluminum Materials & HPDC “as cast”/machined/assembled parts using the above mentioned measuring equipment.
- Interpreting inspection data & explaining to the various support groups the results.
- Ensuring the quality specifications of HPDC as cast/machined/assembled parts are met.
- Trouble shooting measurement equipment related issues
- Measuring special requests for engineering trials & investigations. Gage Calibration activity.
REQUIREMENTS (including educational requirements)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, preference may be given to candidates with an Associates degree or higher.
- A minimum of 1-2 years QA or hand held gage experience for “as cast”/machined/assembled parts & /or powertrain/engine related supplier parts.
- Must be able to analyze, interpret, & explain CMM reports.
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings. Strong use of Metric System Units required.
- Strong Understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC). Must possess the ability to Input & Analyze Data, identify trends & communicate to Metrology Engineer and Quality Manager.
- Ability to compile data & create reports in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preference may be given to candidates with 2 or more years of experience measuring HPDC as cast/machined &/or assembly parts, as well as candidates that have experience with: Zeiss Brand Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs) or other CMM Manufacturers, Mahr Brand Roughness Testers (Ra,Rz) /Contour Tracers, Spectrometers, Microscopes, GOM Optical Measurement System/or other 3D Scanning devices, Universal Testing Machines, Gage Calibrations, Basic Metallurgy knowledge, and/or Band Saw Operating Experience
Bocar Group, was establish in 1958 in Mexico City, originally as a manufacturer of pumps and carburetors, is the Parent company of Bocar US, Inc. Today Bocar Group has three business units, primarily serving three international automotive industry. Bocar US, Inc. is a high-end technology and quality-driven automotive company which produce high-pressure aluminum die casting, and machining for companies such as Daimler, Ford, and Toyota. Bocar US, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. BOCAR US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Bocar US