We are seeking a X-ray Technician and Medical assistant to be come a part of our team! This position performs a variety of tasks involving preparing x-ray equipment to make radio-graphs of designated parts of the body and also performs the duties of a Medical Assistant including taking vital sings, interviewing patients, and taking a social and medical history. Job duties require the technologist to serve as a Medical Assistant as well as a Radiology Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients for procedures by accurately assessing the patients needs and improving patient education.
- Practice timely and accurate completion of schedule and unscheduled work to maximize productivity.
- Operates equipment for imaging production and data recording.
- Performs quality controls for the purpose of ensuring optimal image and tracing.
- Enters and properly completes all patient information including exam charges and supplies in the Electronic Medical Record System.
- Prepares test results for interpretation by physician in a timely manner.
- Communicates abnormal situations to proper sources in a way that facilitates resolution or tracking.
- Assists in patient flow.
- Practices safety measures by adhering to all governing regulations, following universal precautions and infection control guidelines and techniques.
- Fax, and scan notes/medical records as requested.
-Make phone calls, answer phones, and manage scheduling appointments.
- Maintain and update spreadsheets, databases, and other information related to systems or programs as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Position Requirements/ Minimum Qualifications
- Must be currently licensed in the State of Florida as a Radiographer (Radiologic Technologist)
- Must be credentialed by AART.
- Experience is preferred, but not required.
- CPR Certification.
- General knowledge of Environmental Health and Services (EHS), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Radiation Safety and Protection procedures.
- General knowledge of exam protocols.
- Extremely Customer Service Oriented.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Able to efficiently prioritize multiple high-priority tasks.
- Willingness and capacity to learn new tools if necessary.
EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boca Raton Walk-In Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
Boca Raton, FL