The Ticketing Consultant follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of: customer service, reviewing Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of front room Computer Reservations System (CRS) productivity, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc.
Major Responsibilities / Activities:
- Keeps abreast of enhancements and updates.
- Participates fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client from a fulfillment perspective including ticket processing, providing clear instructions to travelers regarding profile updates or actions required.
- Is fully informed and stays abreast of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic and some international) and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
- Keeps supervisor promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance and takes prompt correction action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Works with team members to cross train in all areas team is responsible for including processing online related functions, international reservations, MCO’s, tickets, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of travel industry including proficiency of at least one CRS, ticketing procedures for air travel, hotel booking and car rental requirements.
- High level of knowledge of GDS system (SABRE).
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations, and reading fare rules.
- Ability to work in multiple systems and programs throughout the day.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Use Sabre reservation software to handle requests received by telephone, e-mail or travel request form, selecting convenient and cost effective availability of airline flights; informs and discusses options with traveler.
- Resolve Ticket errors
- Queue place corrected reservations back to Quality Control as appropriate.
- Delete and Restore Price Quotes (PQ).
- Knowledge of preferred seating process.
- Review “Special Requests” added online and take appropriate action to support.
- Verify ticket validity before staging a reservation for exchange.
- Execute voids and refunds as appropriate.
- Issue tickets and daily use of internal scripts, services, and databases
- Contact vendors (car/hotels) as appropriate to obtain best rate.
- Ability to meet and maintain performance standards defined for Operations Ticket Agent. Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel is preferred
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- Minimum of three years travel agency experience required
Essential Physical Requirements:
· Have normal day vision, corrected or uncorrected, and have normal hearing, with or without device.
· Ability to view computer screens for prolonged periods and read documents and spreadsheets printed in normal sized font.
· Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours a day.
· Intermittent walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.