Boatman Partners, a division of MRI Network, is seeking a Vice President of Mortgage Operations in Salt Lake City, Utah!
The VP of Operations is a key leader for enabling growth, and a key contributor in the development and implementation of strategic plans to achieve the company's short and long-term goals. This role is an architect and manager of business processes, consistently seeking new, innovative, and efficient business processes and tools that save time and money. This person relishes the opportunity to build/buy, implement, and manage multiple systems, and is seen throughout the organization as the expert on efficiency and systems. This leader collaborates with others in different departments throughout the company, and is a skilled communicator.
The successful candidate has a servant leader mindset and deeply values and recognizes the contributions of others, works to build and develop organizational capacity, and is accountable for managing a significant portion of the company’s employees.
- Manage all lending operations departments for both forward and reverse loans, as well as related activities and projects to meet company objectives:
- Lead, motivate, and manage Operations staff to meet or exceed objectives
- Develop KPI’s for overall operations and individual departments to effectively monitor business processes and track improvement
- Provide coaching to team members to improve results
- Develop effective action plans to address underperformance
- Comply with internal policies and guidelines
- Lead organizational change initiatives, identify and engage with relevant stakeholders to get buy-in and adoption, implement according to plans, meet operational readiness objectives, solicit feedback and address issues
- Ensure company standards are met:
- Act in accordance with Open Mortgage values, behaviors, and standards
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to stakeholders
- Proactively identify and implement behavioral, process, and technological improvements to drive efficiency and quality
- Keep attuned to changes and best practices in the Mortgage industry and selectively incorporate into Open Mortgage
- Represent Lending Operations as a member of senior management and contribute to the development of company business strategy and objectives
- Other duties, as assigned
- Leadership & strategy
- Ethical conduct
- Performance management
- Customer service mindset
- Relationship building, collaboration, and coaching
- Communications and change management
- Process improvement I.E., LEAN or similar
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
This position manages the Team Leaders of each Operations department including appraisal, processing, underwriting, closing, and funding. Some of these individuals are located at the Corporate Headquarters, and some are located remotely.
This job operates in a professional office environment, located in Salt Lake City, Utah. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field, or equivalent experience in performing this role in another company
- 15+ years of experience in the mortgage industry, with 7+ years in a management role in Mortgage Operations
- Thorough practical understanding of the mortgage industry and current market
- Working knowledge of mortgage concepts, guidelines, practices, and procedures
- Proficiency in business software programs (Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite required)
- Experience using loan origination software (LendingQB preferred)