Boatman Partners, an affiliate of MRINetwork, is joining forces with an outstanding Mortgage Company in Salt Lake City, Utah who is seeking an experienced Loan Officer. This Company is dedicated to serving the homeowner/homebuyer!
The Loan Officer (LO) plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail branch operations functions. This company is looking for someone to take over the MSA and builder accounts. The role is primarily responsible, under intermittent supervision, for fostering quality relationships with borrowers while completing the origination processing of loan applications, providing loan disclosures, and reviewing files for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to all guidelines. The LO may contact borrowers to collect necessary documentation and act as a liaison between origination staff, underwriters, and customers.
*Provide exemplary customer service via acting as a primary contact for clients; answers questions relating to rates, locks, and loan application status and provides proactive status updates throughout the loan process.
*Analyze customer’s credit and financial scenario, determine appropriate loan product(s), and obtain accurate Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings.
*Price and quote a profitable loan and communicate any fees to operations team.
*Manage and maintain data in the MyKey system, as well as client and referral partner databases.
*Resolve file problems, bottlenecks, and qualifying issues throughout production and underwriting process, aiming to be as efficient, timely, and accurate as possible
*Provide administrative support in the collection and preparation of submitting loan applications; collect any necessary supporting documentation and signatures, including: 30-day paystubs, tax returns from past two years, W-2’s from past two years, award letters (disability, trust income, etc.), LOE for gaps in jobs, bank statements from past two months
*Coordinate, create, track, and distribute marketing materials as needed in order to generate leads and loan production.
*Attend document closings when needed.
*Lock loan terms.
*Stay abreast of industry trends; serve as a knowledge source for clients regarding available loan programs and guidelines
*Review HUD-1 to ensure fees and cash required at closing are consistent with the commitment given to the customer; issue lender credit, and/or work with processing and management to request subsidies if needed
*Submit a complete and accurate loan package to processing.
*Obtain an accurate loan application (1003) form from customers; provide disclosures according to regulations.
*Obtain executed disclosures within regulations time frame.
*Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required, along with a minimum of four years total experience in mortgage processing role(s).
* Active state-specific MLO license required.
* Expert-level knowledge of mortgage business, including overall mortgage lending processes and internal controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines; valid documentation related to processing mortgage applications.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
* Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
* Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
* Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Problem solving skills; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Intermediate math skills.
* Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
* Intermittent supervision required, depending on experience
* Moderate level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; uses sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities and in assigning work
* Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This Company offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Licenses & Certifications
Salary commensurate with experience.