We are seeking a Senior Fiber Optic Technician to become an integral member of the Boarhog team!
- Assessment of and support for routine maintenance and emergency restoration and repair of interconnection cable-plant (wireless, fiber, copper, waveguide) and core infrastructure
- Installation services, which may include physical plant build-out such as installation of fiber, cabinets, switches, security containers, and data encryption devices. This includes splicing, polishing, cleaving, connecting, fusion splicing, testing, terminations (fusion and mechanical), electro-mechanical connectorization, assembling, and documenting work.
- Support locating fiber optic cabling within the ground, which may require interacting closely with the Public Works (PW) Department within the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) installation support.
- Perform all work to fiber optic network engineering specifications and in accordance with DoD, Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI), Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) / Electrical Industry Alliance (EIA) standards and guidelines, OSHA Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) regulations, and the Safety and Health Requirements Manual US Army Corps of Engineers (EM 385-1-1)
- Produce fiber optic network cabling and copper network cabling documentation pursuant to splicing, testing, terminating, and assembling efforts.
- Perform walkthroughs and participate in meetings with government customers in order to document project design processes, as-built review and updates, and to assess objectives, issues, and outcomes
- Physical security of the fiber cabling and risk mitigation planning coordination. Note: No construction or responsibilities that are uniquely NAVFAC shall be performed per federal regulation
- Remain current in the fiber optic area of expertise to include evolving technologies while maintaining certifications and training standards
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience with:
- Fiber optic network cabling installations, splicing, polishing, cleaving, connecting, fusion splicing, testing, terminating (fusion and mechanical), electro-mechanical connectorization, assembling, and documenting
- Cat 6, Coax, and fiber optic cabling
- Operating test equipment for evaluating fiber optic and copper connected components, sensors and systems, experience working with Corning, Exfo, Fujikara, Sumitomo Air-Blown Fiber (ABF) and Fluke Networking equipment
- Splicing optical fibers. Optimize splicing procedures of specialty fibers is a plus.
- Must Possess Fiber Optic Certification within 60 days of assignment which shows competency in hands-on skills and technical knowledge within the fiber optic networking industry.
- Have a working knowledge of BICSI, TIA/EIA Industry Standards
- Possess an adequate compliment of hand tools of the trade in order to build network backboards, communication closets, cabinets, and cable trays
Why Work Here?Boarhog LLC was launched in 2012 to deliver valued Innovation Initiatives grounded in Mission Engineering, which bridges the gap between operational requirements and technology through deep understanding of the context, characteristics, and the constraints of various mission domains. Our Innovation Initiatives have already created an automated configuration assessment tool used by the government for System-of-Systems (SoS) Operability Tests (SOT), and a Labs-as-a-Service Plus (LaaS+) model to accelerate technology transition while promoting competition and reducing costs, and an Automated System-of-Systems Expert Troubleshooter (ASSET) design that elevates inexperienced journeymen to expert level performance. Boarhog targets specific Technical and Program Support Services like electronics installations and testing to identify innovation opportunities, create innovative solutions, then validate those innovations with clients for further development. Boarhog has a final TS Facility Security Clearance with associates in California, Arizona, Illinois, Texas, and Florida. We are a Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVO) and Small Business Administration (SBA) certified Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Small Business offering great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Boarhog is first and foremost all about our associates. We've grown slowly, steadily and purposefully, because our associates come first.