The Board of Child Care is seeking a Therapist.
Position Summary: To provide psychotherapy treatment services and case management including assessment, treatment planning and implementation to assigned clients within the WV program offerings ensuring overall programmatic and fiduciary responsibilities that are congruent with the Board of Child Care’s purpose, philosophy, standard operating policies and procedures and performance goals utilizing the framework of the agency’s selected evidence based and approved treatment models
- Complete admission service needs assessments that include participation by child/youth, parents/guardians in the identification of strengths, service needs and discharge plans as well as comprehensive treatment plans to target specific treatment goals and objectives for each assigned child/youth.
- Provide effective case management to assigned cases which includes but is not limited to: acting as a liaison with internal and external sources; serving as the interdisciplinary team leader; developing, monitoring and reviewing Individual Treatment Plans/discharge plans on a regular basis but at least every 90 days; working as part of a team to determine discharge plans.
- Serve as a liaison between assigned youth and Department of Health and Human Resource workers, probation officers and attorneys.
- Evaluate assigned child’s/youth’s/family’s progress towards goal attainment on a designated basis in line with individual treatment and discharge plan goals.
- Maintain effective working relationships with families, children/youth, colleagues, consultants and community agencies.
- Complete required documentation and reports within the defined time lines and/or as requested and ensure that case records meet documentation standards. This includes, but is not limited to: completion of comprehensive master treatment plan within 30 days of admission, completion of narrative summaries on assigned case load on a monthly basis, completion of written treatment plan reviews every 90 days or as needed, documentation of all contacts made regarding caseload, completion of the West Virginia Child Care Association’s “Initial Assessment for Children and Youth in Out of Home Care” form within five days of admission.
- Provide supportive counseling to residents on an as-needed basis.
- Provide individual therapy to residents on caseload as needed based on the determination of the clinician and/or treatment team.
- Provide group therapy to residents weekly based on cottage assignment and need.
- Provide specialty group therapy services and trainings as needed regarding specific topics (e.g. anger management, conflict resolution, and self-injury).
- Provide family therapy as determined by the clinician and/or treatment team.
- Identify supervision and/or professional training needs to supervisor as they arise.
- Work with unit supervisor to provide training to direct care staff related to the integrated treatment model.
- Provide consultation to care team within an assigned unit Collaborating with the unit supervisor to ensure maintenance of an effective treatment milieu in assigned unit
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited college or university.
- Current LGSW West Virginia State License or WV Provisional Professional Counseling License
- Minimum of one (1) year in providing direct social work services to children/youth and families
Preferred Education and Experience
- Current LICSW West Virginia State License or LPC West Virginia State License