Poway Board and Brew - Assistant Kitchen Lead
- Expired: March 05, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a high energy cook to fulfill the Assistant Kitchen Lead position. We believe in having fun while providing excellent customer service and sandwiches! Our Leadership team is highly trained and hands on with all Team Members on a daily basis.
What we Offer:
- Rad Work Environment
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Team Member meal discounts
- Retirement Savings
- Awesome work culture
Keepin' It Real Since '79
For over 30 years, Board & Brew has remained a timeless classic. We do things a bit differently than other sandwich shops and chains because we don't pretend to be something we're not. We love letting our personalities shine through and our casual, laid-back atmosphere lets our customers do the same!
The Assistant Kitchen Lead is a key position and is responsible for planning and preparing meals.He/She will manage and direct the kitchen team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, the essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to understand daily usage numbers
- Able to place accurate food and bread orders
- Organizes daily shifts, breaks and positions
- Communicates with General Manager about kitchen schedule
- Making periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance
- Performing portion controls with all food
- Coordinating all training activities for kitchen employees to include the identification and analysis of training needs, and follows training guidelines
- Ability to follow recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation, and established procedures and budgetary constraints
- Ability to cut chicken and roast beef to B&B standards
- Participating in restaurant sales analysis to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing, and menu development
- Assisting General Managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, catering menu planning and quarterback position
- Expert multi-talker, perform to high standard in in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Three (3) years progressive experience in high volume food production or catering
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience considered
- Ability to work in high-stress, fast paced environment
- Bilingual in English & Spanish preferred
- Ability to read tickets
Board and Brew
FoodView all jobs at Board and Brew
Get fresh Kitchen Lead jobs daily straight to your inbox!