- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is responsible for a variety of payroll functions and other responsibilities of the Finance department.What is the Board of Child Care?
Board of Child Care (BCC) is not a federal or state agency. It is an independent not-for-profit organization that serves over 1,000 children annually across 12 locations. You would join about 800 teammates across DC, MD, PA, and WV that empower youth and their families to flourish within their community.What does this job do specifically?
Are you looking to work for an extraordinary mission of “Enriching Communities One Family at a Time”, while enjoying the best benefits and working environments?
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll including all data entry, verification, balancing, and reconciliation.
- Process manual checks, stop payments, retroactive pay, wage garnishment, and other payroll-related indicative data.
- Reconciles and edits each payroll utilizing ADP preview and audit reports. Researches and resolves payroll-related posting problems. Reviews payroll checks and payroll register.
- Provides administrative support and information for department managers, outside agencies, and staff in the area of payroll processing.
- Prepares and/or reviews payroll labor distribution.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc.)
- Perform compliances for unclaimed property payroll checks.
- Enters donation checks into an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Records and distributes donated Gift Cards.
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
In the nature of being in a residential and school living environment, there may be times you experience conditions in which challenging behavior can be exhibited from our youth to include but not limited to, physical agitation, physical violence, and/or emotional outbursts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eligible for flex schedule. Non-essential for snow emergencies.
Required Education and Experience
- AA Degree or related experience
- 4-6 years experience processing payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Working knowledge ADP Time and Attendance
Preferred Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in the field.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Board of Child Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply for vacancies as appropriate.
Board Of Child Care B W
AddressWindsor Mill, MD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Board Of Child Care B W