Who we are and who we are looking for at BluRock Services, Inc.
BluRock Services, inc. is a residential improvement contracting company located in Bayside, NY, which happily services Queens, the surrounding communities, and all of Long Island. We are a top-rated service provider, starting from the first nail to the final creative touches, our specialists will turn your home into a modern, unique, and comfortable place to live. We proudly offer a wide range of home improvement services from roofing, siding, and new structural building; to kitchen, bathroom, and basement renovations and remodels. BluRock Services has an extensive background in providing thorough project planning through our D.E.B.I.T. initiative: beginning with the Design, we will produce an Estimate to be accepted by any given Budget, and have it Installed within a set Time frame, allowing our customers to get back to enjoying their home and all its new appeals. Complete customer satisfaction is just as important at BluRock. We place a great emphasis on quality and craftsmanship across all of our projects and services, including our customer service guarantee. If you value yourself and the profession as much as we do, it would be a pleasure to make you a part of our family!
Please carefully read the description below. If you feel that you possess the skills and traits that are required to successfully conform to our above mission statement, we would very much be interested in hearing from you!
We are seeking a highly skilled carpenter to construct, install, and/or repair structures and fixtures made of multiple types of lumber, concrete forms and building frameworks; including partitions, joists, studding, rafters, wood stairways, window, and door frames. Applicants should also be skilled in the installation of hardwood floors in addition to other flooring materials. Additional skills such as installing cabinets, drywall framing and installation, tiling, plastering, priming and painting are important skills required effectively perform the position duties set forth below.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in a diverse setting, with the ability to adapt to varying work environments throughout any given work week, without compromise any final finishing. This person shall possess a great hand and eye for detail, keeping quality above quantity. Good working knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials and the use of all necessary tools is a must. Candidates should be capable of working with little supervision, proper direction of work flow throughout the day, while abiding by all local health and safety standards throughout any given project.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma (internationally recognized accepted).
- Clean and valid Drivers license with reliable transportation to and from any given job location.
- No pending criminal cases (exception to class B misdemeanors and below).
- No record of drug or alcohol abuse (this is a CLEAN work environment).
- Basics math skills to ensure accurate and precise measurements.
- Ability to understand and read blueprints/technical drawings.
- Comfortable with basic frame layout with reference to provided CADS.
- Confident and capable of using electrical power tools, power actuated, and sharp hand tools; not excluding measurement devices (i.e. laser, compass, square).
- Extensive work history with proven hands-on experience within the field of carpentry; with a strong knowledge among varying construction materials.
- Strong working knowledge of techniques and methods used to carry out said trade, installation of unique and unaccustomed materials, and the construction of irregular structures is a must.
- Must comply with all OSHA safety regulations; while also remaining conscientious in maintaining a clean working environment for all parties within the given scope of work.
- Proper physical condition to perform work scope efficiently; clean cut with a positive energy level and accompanying attitude to add to the overall ambiance of the job site.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accuracy (within a sixteenth threshold) while taking measurements to ensure minimal waste throughout the job scope.
- Calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project; standard 10% waste factor analysis is a must.
- Skilled in the use of all tools necessary while cutting, shaping, and determining angles/miters in order to smooth lumber and other materials; (i.e. interior wood finishes) according to measurements, for a clean aesthetic appeal.
- Capable with the raw construction of wooden frames-windows, doors, staircases and buildings - using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Able to install items such as hardwood, softwood, laminate and vinyl throughout the various appropriate installation locations throughout the residential structure. Interior finishing such as, but not limited to: Cabinets, drywall, countertops, and porcelain/ceramic tile is preferred but not required.
- Inspect and properly address faults throughout any given project site, producing a positive and efficient solution to rectify and remediate the said faults; suggesting repairs and proper maintenances as needed.
- The capability required while disassembling and reassembling a variety of structures and fixtures, to ensure a proper relocation of critical components, allowing for reuse and salvage of such items; ultimately minimizing the overall costs across customer and contractor.
Why Work Here?
Friendly and fun work environment, with the opportunity to grow and expand one's capabilities.
New York, NY