The Executive Assistant provides support primarily to the President of the Media Division. The Executive Assistant must have the initiative, ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Job Responsibilities / Functions:
· Manages the President’s extremely active calendar of meetings, travel and calls
· Completes expense reports
· Composes and prepares correspondence, including those of a confidential nature
· Arranges detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
· Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected.
· Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
· Strong follow up skills including but not limited to personal and team task follow up to keep business moving forward
· MUST possess strong business savvy skills, including the ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations, excel charts, type/format Word documents, etc. as needed
· Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
· Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Additional ad hoc responsibilities and tasks as assigned
· Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
· Outstanding administrative and organization skills
· Detail oriented and able to prioritize and multitask
· Demonstrates strong ownership evident through responsibility and accountability for end product
· Strong professional telephone presence
· Strong typing and proofreading skills
· Computer literate; strong email and calendaring skills required
· Excellent interpersonal skills; possesses a positive attitude
· Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced, deadline-driven, high pressure environment; flexible to work overtime on short notice
· Excellent professional standards, judgment, and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
· Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written