VSAT FIELD TECHNICIAN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VSAT FIELD TECHNICIAN -
The Field Technician will be required to prepare, install, maintain and support very small aperture terminal (VSAT) equipment and services, and marine stabilized antennas, at various ports domestically, internationally, and offshore.
• Activate and prepare all communications equipment and any additional ancillary technology
• Install satellite modems, VoIP Phones, POE Ethernet switches, GPS systems and all related wiring and support structures
• Work with partners, customers and vendors to ensure effective and efficient installation and support
• Provide support and maintenance at the customer site and via telephone
• Assist in the diagnosis and solving of any technical problems
• Travel to customer locations in the United States and internationally, sometimes with short notice
• Comply with all safety and training requirements
• Knowledge of VSAT and stabilized antenna systems
• Ability to install, commission, activate, troubleshoot and repair all required equipment including but not limited to: VSAT, modems, RF equipment, GPS systems, stabilized antennas, routers and switches, and VOIP equipment
• Experience in computer networking
• Cable installation and wiring on commercial platforms and work vessels.
• Documentation of all installations and publishing of "as built" network diagrams
• Associate degree in electronics/engineering/telecom or data networks or relevant experience
• Valid TWIC card, or the ability to obtain one
• Must have the physical ability to lift 75lbs. and climb structures
• Professional appearance, performance and attitude
• The desire to work with a team
• Verbal and written communicating skills
Get fresh VSAT Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.