Head Barista Wanted for Daytime Cafe Downtown SF
Bluestone Lane San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring a Head Barista for our New Cafe in Downtown San Francisco!
We're growing! Premium Australian-influenced Coffee & Hospitality brand Bluestone Lane is expanding with our first full-service cafe in San Francisco! We're opening up in the new construction building, The Avery, and are very excited to be able to serve all of our locals living upstairs & nearby! We're seeking an operationally savvy & coffee-obsessed Head Barista for this new & exciting location--we'd love to speak with you if you're passionate about holding high coffee standards & love to make an impact on people's day!
Starting with humble beginnings with our first hole in the wall coffee shop in NYC, Bluestone Lane has now grown to over 50 locations and counting. Known for our flat white & the avocado smash, our purpose is to make our locals feel special through genuine connection, premium coffee, and healthy food. Now more than ever, people come to Bluestone Lane for their daily escape & to feel connected in their communities. Are you excited yet? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Uphold the standard of quality of the Bluestone Lane coffee and beverage program within your home store
- Have relentless focus on coffee beverage product and workflow systems of each Barista/Service Professional within the team while providing a positive influence to all in upholding BL standard of hospitality
- Trains, educates, acclimates, and upskills new baristas into store and BL systems
- Manages dialing in of coffees and calibration of grinders and brewing equipment through strong technical understanding of extraction and brew variables
- Familiar with coffee product rotation, ordering, and inventory management
- Follows Bluestone Lane recipes and presentation standards in a timely manner
- Help locals navigate contactless ordering through our digitally enabled platforms
- Hold strictly to current health & safety standards set in place by Bluestone Lane & your state's Department of Health
Who you are:
- Have a minimum of 2 years working as a Barista or Head Barista in Specialty coffee, or 4 years working in non-specialty coffee in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Strong technical Barista knowledge and skills (extraction, texturing, pouring)
- Keen to train, mentor, and support teammates in their coffee education
- A hospitality first people person--you simply love to make others feel good, no questions about it!
- A positive contributor to the team environment, working cohesively with others to deliver exceptional experiences to our locals
- A multi-tasker who won't bat an eye even when caught under a bit of pressure
- A motivated & hungry individual who is looking for career development in the hospitality industry
- A fast learner, can shift from one job to the next with ease
- A digital warrior, you'll be able to help locals navigate the BL order ahead app with your eyes closed
- A punctual & reliable teammate, always on time for shifts & never leave your teammates hanging
Our team benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Competitive industry rate + tips
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
- Free coffee & staff meals
- Healthcare & Paid Parental Leave (for full-time staff)
- Paid Vacation & Holidays for our Retail Leaders
Visit us at www.bluestonelane.com to learn more about working with our incredible team. We look forward to speaking with you soon! - Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals.
-Work Environment: Working conditions are typically indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.-
AddressSan Francisco, CA
FoodView all jobs at Bluestone Lane