Plans, organizes, and provides nursing care to residents, who reside in skilled nursing or assisted living, according to federal, state and facility regulations and standards. Ensures quality care is maintained for all residents across skilled nursing and assisted living.
Supervises Certified Nurse Aides, Certified Medication Aides day to day nursing activities. In the event that the AL Nurse Manager is not present (i.e. nights, weekends, PTO) the Charge Nurse will be responsible for oversight of the AL during the day shift (7am-7pm). From 7pm-7am the North Nurse shall be responsible for oversight of the AL. Charge Nurse and North Nurse shall inform CMA in AL to contact them in event of emergency or any nursing need. If further assistance is needed – the Charge Nurse or North Nurse shall contact the nurse on call, DON, etc – per facility telephone tree.
Staff’s roll in resident choices:
• Recognizes residents as unique individuals
• Makes residents aware that they can make requests about their daily routines and how they relate to others
• Offers residents personal control over their own lives as directed by the person-centered plan
• Enhances residents wellness and independence whenever possible
• Takes responsibility for personal decisions and choices that affect resident’ choice
• Value and strive to honor each community member’s choices
• Nursing Diploma: or
• RN degree from an accredited school of nursing or college/university: or
• Graduate of a approve LPN/VN program