Principal Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Principal Systems Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $142,932 - $230,755. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end-of-year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let's talk about our team's accolades in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2022 and 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 - 2021) and Built In's Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 - 2022). Our team is award-winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for a phenomenal quality of life? Colorado Springs was named the #2 Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report 2022, #2 Top 10 Cities Where Tech Strength Defies the Pandemic by LinkedIn, and one of the Top 10 Best-Performing Cities 2022 by the Milken Institute.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Lifestyle Amenities - coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature - more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather - Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laidback atmosphere - an accessible alternative to the fast-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Principal Systems Engineer at Bluestaq, you are a known expert with hands-on technical and domain expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated, systems engineer with a strong understanding of core engineering concepts and who is focused on growing as an engineer. In a Principal Systems Engineering position at Bluestaq, you will collaborate closely with key stakeholders and system users to understand challenges and pain points so they can be addressed to increase system performance and organizational effectiveness. May lead teams of engineers and teammates.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 8+ years of experience with a Master's degree OR 12 + years of program management experience with a Bachelor of Science degree OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Known expert with operational domain knowledge in Space, Air, Intelligence, and other desired domains.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities within a team-centric environment.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Scopes work on complex projects involving multiple engineers and ensure the team's delivery.
- Comfortable leading a team of engineers and teammates.
- Provides stakeholder management, engagement, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Leads design and architecture studies for customers.
- Research cutting-edge technology to enhance software product features, reliability, and performance.
- Leads architecture trade studies and technology evaluations.
- Document work products in briefings and/or technical reports to customers and teammates.
- Leads cross-domain teams in research.
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, identify issues, and anticipate roadblocks that may arise.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, and has a growth mindset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independently prioritizes and escalates unforeseen issues.
- Ability to apply engineering skills and knowledge to approach new problems in creative ways.
- Stays up to date with industry best practices and trends to apply to future software architectures.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
- As a senior engineer on the team, Principal Systems Engineers facilitate mentorship and healthy collaboration across the program.
Required Education: 8+ years of experience with a Master's degree OR 12 + years of program management experience with a Bachelor of Science degree OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at email@example.com, if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AddressColorado Springs, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Bluestaq LLC