This opening is for a BRAND NEW CENTER!
The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing and coordinating services of the program, exercising independent judgment and decision-making authority as delegated, including budget, policies, procedures, and staff supervision. The Center Director is responsible for maintaining a safe and positive culture in their center, supporting teachers in the development of an innovative and hands-on curriculum, and building an environment where the children, families and staff thrive. They will have the overall responsibility of promoting a positive image in the community and achieving profitability for the company. Above all else, the Center Director will uphold the Vision, Mission, Core Values and Circle of Care philosophy of Bluesky Daycare Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management
- Ensure effective operation of center; maintain licensing, safety, and educational standards in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, licensing requirements, and company policies.
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, staff members, community contacts and build and maintain public relations with prospective clients and corporate partners through networking and cross-marketing opportunities.
- Create and implement the marketing plan for the center, coordinate local area and in-center events and activities
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team to create unique, engaging and quality classroom experiences; leverage and develop “best in class” educators to be passionate and committed professionals; attract, recruit, and retain staff members per the proper staff/child ratio as set by the State Licensing Entity.
- Maintain responsibility in the areas of 1) interviewing, hiring and training employees, 2) planning, assigning and directing work of direct reports, 3) appraising performance of direct reports, 4) rewarding and disciplining employees, and 5) addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and facilitate agenda for monthly team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Deliver and implement training programs in alliance with Bluesky Daycare Center's Core Values and state and company requirements.
- Prepare and deliver reports and forms in accordance with the company’s deadlines and procedures.
- Maintain accurate financial accounting of the center operation and protect the company’s monetary assets; develop cost estimates for future program needs.
- Assist in the planning and development of an annual budget and meet or exceed financial goals and objectives.
- Achieve the set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entry.
- In cooperation with local and state agencies, develop and execute effective emergency response plans, conduct monthly fire drills and quarterly lock-down drills, and maintain a log of drills and documentation of response plans.
- Manage the relationship with outside vendors, including background investigations, insurance requirements, communicating and ensuring vendor compliance with company policies.
- Conduct daily safety checks of overall facilities, including all equipment and company premises to ensure a safe environment.
- Maintain, secure and update important and accurate administrative records for the center as required by the company and all applicable federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to records on staff and children.
- Participate in required trainings and meetings, and travel to off-site trainings as needed.
- Maintain the standards per the Association of Early Learning Leaders and the company’s operation and education audit.
- Perform job duties of any staff member as needed, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- NYS Teaching Licence in Early Childhood
- MS in early childcare education or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role in a licensed childcare program
- Maintain continuing education requirements per company and state requirements
- Initiative – Ability to proactively spearhead and coordinate the execution of responsibilities in order to achieve desired outcome, and identify and develop new ideas and challenges for business improvement.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Teamwork – Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; act as a team leader by demonstrating interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Adaptability – Respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Customer Service – Demonstrate strong commitment to identifying and meeting customers’ needs in a timely and appropriate manner, and continually seeks to ensure their full satisfaction.
- Motivation – Willingness to take self-directed or self-motivated actions to do more than is expected in the job with the aim of improving job performance and finding or creating new opportunities.
- Leadership – Ability to set a vision, inspire collaboration among staff members, and coach and build teams to achieve mutual goals.
- Integrity – Instill mutual trust and confidence, create a culture that fosters high standards of ethics, behave in a fair and ethical manner toward others, and demonstrate a sense of corporate responsibility and commitment to the population served.
- Decision-Making & Judgment – Ability to react quickly with sound judgment and problem solving skills in complex and critical situations, such as injuries and accidents.
- Self-Development – Responds positively to feedback regarding performance, continually strives to develop professionally, and takes advantage of opportunities to grow.
- Technical – Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Benefits Provided - Inquire within