Job type: Seasonal/Temp
Salary and Benefits: $15 per hour during off-season. $950 per week during program season plus bonus for alumni; Paid Training, Room & Board
Program Length/ Dates: 2-5 weeks, depending on Program
Reports To: Associate Vice President of Logistics
This role will lead, direct, and administer all aspects of Blueprint Summer Programs at a designated location (or locations) in order to provide a compassionate, fun and educationally focused summer program for high school students!
- This position manages the Blueprint Team at your designated location(s). Travel may be required.
- Oversee the quality execution of a program that provides a friendly, educational and fun environment that helps our students succeed in college and reach their college and career goals!
- Serve as the main, on-campus liaison between the program and the campus administration
- Provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to all members of the Blueprint team and students!
- Partner with your team to oversee the quality execution of all academic, non-academic, and off-campus activities to ensure an exciting, positive and fun environment!
- Oversee student activities and monitor student behavior/interaction. Respond promptly to detected concerns and using your mentoring and coaching skills, redirect and correct when necessary
- Coordinate and conduct on-site staff orientation and training for your Blueprint Team
- Engage with staff and students to facilitate a collaborative, positive, and fun environment.
- Lead by example to ensure positive working relationships with and among staff members, students, parents, and campus administration
- Inspire and encourage the program staff to support the guiding concept of Blueprint Summer Programs: to provide an experience for students that is friendly, inclusive and helps students succeed in college.
- Evaluate and monitor program needs, identify unmet needs and revise services as program needs change
- Organize and manage all on-site office and program administration. Functions may include (but are not limited to) student roommate requests, supply purchasing, meal planning and special event organization
- Implement all company accounting procedures, ensuring adherence to established policies, procedures and safety guidelines
- Maintain all program records including (but not limited to): incident reports, attendance records, meeting minutes, call logs and all additional general administrative reports
- Stay in the dorms (provided by the university/Blueprint) to help facilitate all aspects of a great summer experience for students
- Bachelor’s degree is a must; graduate degree or current graduate program enrollment is a plus.
- Minimum one year of summer program administration experience or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have a driving record in good standing
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- CPR Certification is required
- Must reside on campus and be available during the entire duration of program
- Must have smartphone and able to install work required applications
- Personal laptop capable of email, editing spreadsheets and accessing the internet
- Must be able to travel to and from designated Blueprint Summer Program location
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Self-discipline, high professional and ethical standards
- Customer-centric focus
- Ability to work collaboratively with others inside and outside the company
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to walk long distances, daily (around a college campus)
- Ability to deliver high quality results, including exceptional follow-up and follow-through
- Initiative, sound judgment and independent problem solving skills
- Great work ethic. The will and passion to get the job done
- Ability to multi-task, meet scheduled due dates and remain organized
- Proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills- written and verbal
- Proactive problem solver with a positive attitude and high energy
- Thorough understanding of the college admissions process
*All campuses offer: Engineering 101 - Intro to Engineering, Social Sciences 101 - Intro to Social Sciences, Business 101 - Intro to Business, Medicine 101 - Intro to Med, Electives 101 - Intro to Electives
Arrival Date: 6/21/2020
Departure Option 1: 6/27/2020
Departure Option 2: 7/4/2020
Campus Options: University of Florida - Session A, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, University of Maryland, University of Washington
Arrival Date: 6/26/2020
Departure Option 1: 7/6/2020
Departure Option 2: 7/13/2020
Campus Options: University of Florida - Session B, UCLA - Session A, UNC Chapel Hill
Arrival Date: 7/3/2020
Departure Option 1: 7/13/2020
Departure Option 2: 7/20/2020
Campus Options: University of Florida - Session C, UCLA - Session B, Lehigh University
How to Apply:
To be considered, candidates must fill out our online application. For more information about Blueprint Summer Programs and a full list of our available positions, please visit the careers section of our website!
About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company helps high school students succeed in college from Day 1 through personal, fun and innovative summer programs. Here’s why students come to Blueprint:
- Get Ready For College: Blueprint’s proprietary College & Career Success curriculum, custom-developed academic courses and on-campus living help students more successfully navigate the transition from high school to college
- Choose the Right Major: Inspiring courses taught by top-notch instructors help students choose an area they would like (or not like!) to study
- Decide Where to Go to College: Living on a college campus and taking classes that focus on personal goals, budget and admission requirements help students feel more confident about what college is the ‘right fit’ for them
- Rock their College Applications: Hands-on activities and workshops dedicated to organizing the college search and application process, writing stellar personal statements and engaging in effective college interviews all set students up for success as they apply for admission!
- HAVE FUN! Road trips, evening activities and tours of popular attractions make for a fun and memorable summer!
We know, however, that the staff at our programs make a huge impact on how much a student learns from or loves their program experience, so we look for individuals that are good people with great experience and a passion for mentoring. If this is you, please join us!
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.