Job type: Seasonal/Temp
Salary and Benefits: $700 per week plus bonus for alumni; Paid Training, Room & Board
Program Length/ Dates: 2-5 weeks, depending on Program
Reports To: Program Director
With a compassionate and empathetic nature, you will supervise the general health of the Blueprint Summer Program students and staff at your designated location, ensuring compliance with applicable health and safety standards!
- Ensure that compliance with the state and federal regulations and health codes is met
- Provide first aid onsite and first aid oversight: nursing care of illnesses and accidents as directed by physician, take responsibility for calling the physician when advisable, accompany campers and staff on trips to physician's office and/or hospital as necessary
- Dispense daily medication to students
- Establish and maintain contacts with physician and with local hospital facilities
- Maintain and manage inventory supplies efficiently.
- Establish and maintain regular Health Office hours
- Collect, review, and maintain incoming program participants' treatment and health certificates/information; notifies staff members of health precautions of participants when indicated
- Complete and keep on file necessary reports (such as daily treatment log, health department reports and other required reports); submits log and other information to the Program Director at the completion of each program
- Associate's degree (A.A.) in the medical field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Must be First Aid/AED/CPR certified
- Minimum 2 years experience working or interning in a medical facility or office.
- Must be able to travel to and from designated Blueprint Summer Program location
- Must have smartphone and able to install work required applications
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Caring, compassionate and selfless
- Creative, with a great sense of humor
- Ability to stay organized and thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments
- Relentless commitment to student wellbeing and safety
- Proactive problem solver, quick thinking and entrepreneurial
- Outstanding leadership skills, while also being able to recognize and appreciate group cohesion/ collaboration
- Able to walk long distances, daily (around a college campus)
- Team player, and eager to help in all situations
- Summer program experience is a plus
Arrive 6/14/2019 - Depart 7/07/2019
- University of Florida - Session A
- University of Miami
- University of Washington
Arrive 6/21/2019 - Depart 07/14/2019
- University of Florida - Session B
- UCLA - Session A
Arrive 6/28/2019 - Depart 07/21/2019
- University of Florida - Session C
- UCLA - Session B
- University of Virginia
How to Apply:
To be considered, candidates must fill out our online application. For more information about Blueprint Summer Programs and a full list of our available positions, please visit the careers section of our website!
About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company helps high school students succeed in college from Day 1 through personal, fun and innovative summer programs. Here’s why students come to Blueprint:
- Get Ready For College: Blueprint’s proprietary College & Career Readiness curriculum, custom-developed academic courses and on-campus living help students more successfully navigate the transition from high school to college
- Choose the Right Major: Inspiring courses taught by top-notch instructors help students choose an area they would like (or not like!) to study
- Decide Where to Go to College: Living on a college campus and taking classes that focus on personal goals, budget and admission requirements help students feel more confident about what college is the ‘right fit’ for them
- Rock their College Applications: Hands-on activities and workshops dedicated to organizing the college search and application process, writing stellar personal statements and engaging in effective college interviews all set students up for success as they apply for admission!
- HAVE FUN! Road trips, evening activities and tours of popular attractions make for a fun and memorable summer!
We know, however, that the staff at our programs make a huge impact on how much a student learns from or loves their program experience, so we look for individuals that are good people with great experience and a passion for mentoring. If this is you, please join us!
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.