Job type: Seasonal/Temp
Salary and Benefits: $600 per week plus bonus for alumni; Paid Training, Room & Board
Program Length/ Dates: 2-5 weeks in June and July, depending on Program
Reports To: Lead Instructor / Academic Coordinator
Teach curriculum and organize classroom activities while providing a fun, comfortable and personal classroom environment that helps students prepare for college!
- Engage students in structured academic activities inside and outside of the classroom
- Share your expertise, knowledge, excitement and joy of teaching while working with a dedicated, hard working and fun Blueprint Team
- Provide high school students with appropriate support, knowledge and encouragement to reach their future goals and beyond
- Provide TA support for other instructors in College Prep classes
- Participate in evening activities outside of the classroom, giving you an opportunity to get to know your students
- Provide differentiated learning for students of all high school grade and ability levels
- Create and plan engaging and fun introductory college-level lesson plans with hands-on activities and material that helps inspire the student participants
- Cultivate and encourage a positive, professional on-campus presence at all times
- Assist in supervising all on-campus and off-campus activities, including student special events and road trips
- Stay in the dorms (provided by the university/Blueprint) to help facilitate all aspects of a great summer experience for students
- Allocate 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday - Friday for classroom instruction and assistance
- Be available and on campus Saturdays and Sundays to assist the Program Director with weekend activities and student arrivals and departures
- Minimum of two years teaching experience
- Have completed a graduate degree, be enrolled in a graduate program in a field related to course of instruction or have comparable teaching experience
- Must have smartphone and able to install work required applications
- Personal laptop capable of email, editing/displaying presentations and accessing the internet
- CPR Certification is required
- Must be able to travel to and from designated Blueprint Summer Program location
- Summer/ enrichment program or adjunct teaching experience
- Involvement in student organizations, career advising and/or academic administration
- Passionate teacher with the drive to impart knowledge and mentor youth
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Able to walk long distances, daily (around a college campus)
- Thrive in unstructured, high-intensity environments
- Proactive problem solver
- Quick thinking and entrepreneurial
- Team player; willing to participate in various program activities and make a GREAT program for our students!
Arrive 6/19/2019 - Depart 6/29/2019 OR 7/06/2019
- University of Florida - Session A
- Business, Engineering, Forensic Science, Law, Medicine, Psychology, Veterinary Science
- Architecture, Business, Forensic Science, Medicine, Psychology
- University of Miami
- Business, Forensic Science, Medicine, Psychology, Engineering
- University of Washington
- Business, Forensic Science, Medicine, Psychology, Engineering, Computer Science
Arrive 6/26/2019 - Depart 7/06/2019 OR 07/13/2019
- University of Florida - Session B
- Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Forensic Science, Law, Medicine, Psychology
- UCLA - Session A
- Business, Engineering, Film Studies, Forensic Science, Medicine, Psychology
- Business, Engineering, Forensic Science, Medicine Psychology
Arrive 7/03/2019 - Depart 07/13/2019 OR 07/20/2019
- University of Florida - Session C
- Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Forensic Science, Law, Medicine, Veterinary Science
- UCLA - Session B
- Business, Engineering, Forensic Science, Film Studies, Medicine, Psychology
- University of Virginia
- Business, Engineering, Forensic Science, Law, Medicine, Psychology
- Business, Engineering, Forensic Science, Medicine, Psychology, Writing
Click https://goo.gl/L5ET6d to see our current Instructor Openings.
How to Apply:
To be considered, candidates must fill out our online application. For more information about Blueprint Summer Programs and a full list of our available positions, please visit the careers section of our website!
About Blueprint Summer Programs
Our company helps high school students succeed in college from Day 1 through personal, fun and innovative summer programs. Here’s why students come to Blueprint:
- Get Ready For College: Blueprint’s proprietary College & Career Readiness curriculum, custom-developed academic courses and on-campus living help students more successfully navigate the transition from high school to college
- Choose the Right Major: Inspiring courses taught by top-notch instructors help students choose an area they would like (or not like!) to study
- Decide Where to Go to College: Living on a college campus and taking classes that focus on personal goals, budget and admission requirements help students feel more confident about what college is the ‘right fit’ for them
- Rock their College Applications: Hands-on activities and workshops dedicated to organizing the college search and application process, writing stellar personal statements and engaging in effective college interviews all set students up for success as they apply for admission!
- HAVE FUN! Road trips, evening activities and tours of popular attractions make for a fun and memorable summer!
We know, however, that the staff at our programs make a huge impact on how much a student learns from or loves their program experience, so we look for individuals that are good people with great experience and a passion for mentoring. If this is you, please join us!
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.