Sr. Project Manager - Federal Construction
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Project Executive
OVERVIEW: Under direction from the Project Executive President, and/or VP, responsible for organizing and leading project management team(s). Includes responsibility for Safety, Quality, project schedule, budget, subcontractor coordination, design management, site logistics and overall outcome of assigned project(s) These roles have potential oversight responsibilities for the other Project Managers, Superintendent, Project Engineer, Assistant Project Manager and other project specific staff. Additionally, the person in this role is fully expected to serve as a Project Manager on projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for management of the design and construction work of all technical disciplines on assigned projects including but not limited to civil, force protection, electrical, carpentry, framing, plumbing, HVAC, Roofing, finish work and others as projects require.
2) Ensures that all design and construction is compliant with applicable contractual requirements, building codes and other standards as well as permitting and inspection processes.
3) Reviews Subcontractor, Vendor and Teaming partner bids for thorough information and for missing or incomplete information key to the project prior to execution of agreement or purchase order.
4) Develops, updates and maintains project schedules in close coordination with the project team.
5) Manages assigned projects from inception to closeout and handover including commissioning.
6) Manages project staff, sub-contractors and others to move job to completion on schedule and in compliance with contractual requirements.
7) Directly responsible for project accounting, tracking labor costs, material expenses, change orders, RFIs, submittals, closeout, safety, quality, and monitoring schedule to avoid delays.
8) Develops and maintains close working relationship with clients throughout project execution phase.
9) Responsible for preparation or direct oversight of all contractually and internally required documentation including but not limited to daily reports, quality reports, safety reports, RFIs, Submittals and corresponding tracking logs.
10) Provides leadership, mentoring and technical direction to project staff, procurement and others related to proposals and project execution.
11) Coordinates and maintains minutes of weekly internal review meetings with Construction, Procurement, Engineering and other staff to ensure that project milestones are being executed conducive to on time completion and delivery.
12) Closely monitors and responds to potential schedule slippage to avert impact to delivery, this includes maintaining close presence with staff, subcontractors, vendors and teaming partners regarding fabrication and delivery lead times.
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field as well as between 7 - 10 years of experience delivering successful projects to government agencies such as USACE, NAVFAC, USAF, GSA, State of Illinois (CDB, UIC, UIUC), City of Chicago (CHA, PBC, DGS, CDA)
Blueprint Staffing, LLCWhy Work Here?
Great Staff! Very dedicated to helping today's workforce find their dream jobs.
AEC direct hire recruiting company. Specializing in but not limited to government and private sector construction management opportunities.