Senior Project Manager - Civil
Blueprint Staffing Fairfax, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Site Work and Green Spaces Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall technical management and administration of complex excavation and site utility construction projects, from proposal development through final acceptance by client. They will also manage select On Call/IDIQ projects and small design-build projects.
The Senior Project Manager is fully involved in the project for the full lifecycle. S/he works closely with estimators to develop the cost estimate and detail our approach to the work. During preconstruction, the Senior Project Manager works with the Project Engineer on submittals, scheduling, and buyout. The Senior Project Manager executes the project in conjunction with the Superintendent and field team. For all work, the Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Site Work and Green Spaces Project Executive who leads the team and provides overall client support.
This Senior Project Manager will bid, scope, and execute projects involving earthwork, excavation and grading, site utilities (storm, sanitary, water), sediment and erosion control, and site
demolition. Therefore, knowledge of these site work trades or familiarity with adjacent trades, and an ability to learn quickly, is critical to this position. Likewise, the ability to manage a design-build project and collaborate with the A/E team is important.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
2. Work with estimator and superintendent to create complete takeoffs and estimates, including detailed written proposals, based on proposed project specifications, drawings, etc. *Past experience with HCSS and Agtek software packages is a strong plus.
3. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within corporate policy. Includes safety management/adherence.
4. Supervise and manage in a pro-active manner the total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This requires problem-solving, interfacing with client representatives and A/E representatives, working with the superintendent on field management and sequencing, interacting with adjacent trades and contractors.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Education:
1. 4 year engineering, construction, or project management degree, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience. Undergrad degree is required.
2. Significant experience in construction management, estimating, and construction supervision, including experience with site work trades.
3. Expertise in industry practices, construction technology, equipment and methods, negotiations, engineering, construction costs and estimating, scheduling, and safety requirements is necessary.
4. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills required.
5. Professional conduct in a business environment is essential.
6. Software Knowledge: Senior Project Manager must be familiar with Excel, HeavyBid, BlueBeam. Proficiency in Agtek and HeavyJob are strong pluses.
We are an E-Verify company and candidates will have to pass a criminal background check.
TechnologyView all jobs at Blueprint Staffing