Facilities Mechanical Engineer - TS/SCI
- $100,000 to $150,000 Yearly
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Facilities Engineer to provide HVAC and Plumbing design for a wide range of national defense projects. The eligible candidate must be a U.S. Citizen with an active TS SCI with Polygraph clearance. The Mechanical Facilities Engineer will design HVAC and Plumbing/Piping systems for an exciting range of mission-critical to mission support projects. Project work will encompass:
- Plan, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of HVAC and Plumbing design work with calculations, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, layout of mechanical equipment and associated duct and piping systems, and sequences of operations.
- Develop mechanical construction and equipment specifications, test and inspection plans, and system design descriptions.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for projects with less complex features, but also collaborate and use judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments and more complex projects.
- Perform engineering quality assurance checks of project designs.
- Support new project proposals with mechanical discipline scopes, budget estimates, and schedules.
The Mechanical Facilities Engineer will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team of architectural and engineering staff producing project design packages of drawings, specifications, and calculations. Periodic travel to project site locations, including international travel, may be required.
The ability to work independently, and yet be able to collaborate with other design disciplines is a must. The successful candidate will interface with and present designs to Federal, State, and Local government client contacts.
- Degree Requirements: Bachelor of Sciences in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET Accredited Program is required. Engineering Technology degree will not be considered.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience
- PE License required
- Current passport required
- Client projects for this position requires: Sole U.S. Citizenship (no dual citizenship)
- Access to the client site for this position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Active United States Government Top Secret Security Clearance required.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience in HVAC and plumbing/piping systems design and associated engineering calculations (e.g. Air-handling systems, laboratory fume hood exhaust air systems, duct systems, heating and chilled water hydronic piping systems, natural gas piping systems, domestic water and waste water piping systems, steam and condensate piping systems, compressed air systems, and mechanical system controls).
- Experience sizing and selecting HVAC and plumbing/piping equipment (e.g. air-handling units, fans/blowers, pumps, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, coils, HEPA filtration systems, dampers, valves, and controls).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience using HVAC computer load and design programs such as Trane Trace software; knowledge of Revit building information modeling software is strongly preferred; and familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, SMACNA, and NFPA standards. Working knowledge of IMC, IPC, and IBC codes.
- LEED or Green Globes accreditation is a plus.
We are leaders in contract, temporary, and permanent staffing for construction management professionals. We use our cutting-edge technology and old-school work ethics to comb through the construction industry for top-quality candidates. We connect to active and passive job seekers to find the best fit for both the client and the candidate. We have the knowledge and resources to serve you anywhere in the Washington DC Metro Area and beyond.
Blueprint Staffing LLCDenver, CO
WebsiteView All Blueprint Staffing LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.