At Blueprint Automation, we design, develop and manufacture case packers and tray packing solutions for flexible and tough-to-handle packages such as doypacks, pillow bags, and four-sided sealed bags. Built for around-the-clock operation, these solutions have a worldwide reputation for their quick change-over, flexibility, speed, and comprehensive design. Our Integrated state-of-the-art technologies include gravity, pick and place, wrap-around, and vision-guided robotics.
We are absolutely passionate about innovation. It adds the fun and inspiration to our work that people need to excel. Our customers stimulate innovation by developing new needs, and we are on a never-ending quest to find a better, simpler way. BPA has no innovation budget; innovation is what we are.
We are currently seeking a Shipping/ Receiving Clerk for our South Chesterfield, VA location.
The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Safe preparation and loading of outgoing packages and equipment.
- Responsible for wrapping, packing, palletizing, skidding, or crating outgoing parts, packages, or equipment.
- Use computer hardware and software to generate labels and maintain equipment.
- Process outbound items in accordance with Sales Orders.
- Accurate processing and documentation of outbound shipments.
- Operate manual and electric pallet jack and or forklift as needed.
- Maintain and organize adequate shipping supplies.
- Safely offload materials from vendors and returns from customers.
- Check the contents of packages against packing lists and manifests.
- Proper processing of documents, sorting and disbursement of receivables to correct Job Number and Sales Order Number.
- Process receipts in ERP and store products in properly designated locations.
- Move all finished products to their designated storage locations.
- Receive and inspect returned products and communicate issues to appropriate BPA contact.
- Receive, document, and process damaged receipts.
- Communicate with assembly and manufacturing teams regarding inbound part statuses
- Performing daily clean-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 2 years of manufacturing-related experience in shipping and receiving are required. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Experience utilizing tracking systems for expediters i.e. UPS, FedEx, and DHL required.
- Previous experience processing electronic UPS, FedEx, and DHL for shipping and tracking.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
- Demonstrated experience with computer-generated inventory systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with utilizing pneumatic nail guns and banding equipment.
- Ability to push, pull and lift 50 pounds. Ability to kneel, crouch and stoop. Ability to reach above and below the shoulders. Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull. Ability to climb a ladder and work above ground. Walking and stair climbing.
- The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and good problem-solving skills and be able to interact efficiently with others.
Accountability Level Description:
The individual is motivated by accomplishing a task; builds effective personal relationships as needed; meets personal due dates for short-term projects by managing their own time; gets results through their own skills; performs high-quality technical or professional work within their job scope; accepts the company values; not satisfied with doing things “the way they’ve always been done.”
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the tasks he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Interpersonal Skills – Relates well to people at all levels both within and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Adaptability – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains trust and respect.
BPA prides itself on the quality of its employees, and as such, candidates who receive an employment offer will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
BPA offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. In addition, we offer a robust benefits package including a majority employer-paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability; 20 days’ PTO during the first year of employment; and 401(k) with a 6% match.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
BPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Blueprint AutomationColonial Heights, VA
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.